** COURSE HIGHLIGHTS **
• Preparing candidates to take part in IAAP Certificate (UK) in Financial Management
• Free Cloud Accounting Software Subscription for 6-month worth RM824
• Free Tutorial
The accounting function is a key and well-defined finance function in all business entities. This is an important function as it serves to provide financial information both for statutory compliance purpose and to inform management of its financial performance and condition on the day-to-day operations.
This function covers the basic of the collection, recording, and classification of financial transactions to the analyzing of accounts or statements and the eventual preparation of financial statements. The processes within this function are wide and varied, and personnel are not only required to know and handle a specific process well but also to understand the overall processes within the department to advance in the future. Doing a job well is to know and overcome issues and to apply best practices to the function. Participants will get a big picture as well as a thorough and sound understanding of financial accounting and related topics; and to be able apply the knowledge in the workplace. Participants will be exposed to common issues / mistakes encountered and learn the best practices.
This 22-day program is targeted at anyone who intends to start a career in accounting as well as to update and refresh existing accounting staff.
 COURSE OBJECTIVES
At the end of the training, you will achieve the followings:
- To provide participants with the skills to “write a full set of books” from accounting transactions to preparation of the financial statements.
- Get an overview of the entire accounting system and understanding of how transactions are sorted, classified, and categorized into meaningful financial information.
- Learn how to prepare the final accounts – Balance Sheet, Income Statement and Cash Flow Statements.
- To understand and be able to utilize accounting information in their works and to improve effectiveness and efficiency.
- To enable participants to better interact with the accounts or finance department to enhance cooperation and to secure their support in achieving departmental objectives.
- Understand how various legislations like Companies Act, Income Tax Act and MPERS / MFRS govern the accounting function.
- Know the common mistakes/errors made and problems faced and learn the best practices to perform the task or process.
- Learn to use cloud accounting to perform the accounting function remotely. without having to be stationed at a specific location.
 WHO SHOULD ATTEND
- School leavers and non-accounting graduates who intend to start a career in accounting.
- Accounting personnel who need a good overview of the financial accounting function and throughout understanding of the mechanics of accounting and/or to assume other roles in or to progress within the accounts department.
- Self-employed accounting personnel who required an update in their accounting knowledge and skills.
- Anyone who uses financial numbers and need to understand how such numbers are derived from.
- Managers and executives involved in investigative work and for which an understanding of what goes behind the numbers to enhance their performance.
Interactive lectures plus hands-on exercises, case studies and group discussions.
Laptop loaded with Excel 2013 or later and a stable Internet connection are required.
Four hours of tutorial is provided
 DATE, TIME & FEE
Date: 9 November 2021 - 20 January 2022 (Tue & Thu)
Time: 7:00pm - 10:00pm
Mode: Online/ Interactive
Duration: 2 1/2 months
Sessions: 22 sessions
[HRDC Claimable | SBL KHAS]
- Early Bird Offer (before 20 Oct 2021) - RM 3,000
- Special Offer (before 2 Nov 2021) - RM 3,200
- Normal Fee - RM 3,600
School leavers and unemployed graduates who attend in personal capacity are entitled to
>> Fee includes Course Notes & Certificate of Completion and 6% Government Service Tax
** OFFER **
- 10% Cashback for SST2u Learner Card+ (SLC+) members. T&Cs applied.
 COURSE OUTLINE
• Role of Finance in Organization
• Accounting vs Finance
The Accounting Equation
• Debit & Credit
• Double Entry
• The Accounting Process & System
PART I – FROM DOUBLE ENTRY TO FINANCIAL STATEMENTS
Recording & Analyzing Transactions
• Books of Original Entry
• Accounts and Classification
• The General Ledger
• The Journal
Understand the Cash Book
• Purpose and Layout of cash book
• Bank Reconciliation
• Petty Cash Imprest System
• Trade Receivables
• Trade Payables
• Control Accounts – preparation and reconciliation
Preparation of Final Accounts
• Year-end cut off procedures
• The cut-off date / Year-end adjustments
• Correction of errors
• Closing the books and closing stocks
• Hire purchase and finance lease
• Revaluation of properties
• Disposal / writing of assets
• Accounting for forex gains / losses
• Using suspense and clearing accounts.
Preparation of Financial Statements
• Income Statement
• Balance Sheet
Types / Nature of Business Entities and Accounting
• Manufacturing business and costing
• Partnership accounts (including LLP)
• Accounting for societies, associations, and clubs
• Owners’ transactions and business types
• Compilation of data
• Preparation of financial statements
Statement of Cash Flows
• Preparation – direct and indirect
• Presentation of statement
• Concepts, Principles and Assumption
• Conventions and Key Accounting Definitions
• Accounting standards – MPERS and MFRS
Computerized and Cloud Accounting
• Introduction to Cloud Accounting
• Cloud vs. Traditional Software – A comparison
• A comprehensive exercise in doing up a full set of accounts using cloud accounting software.
PART II – ORGANIZING THE ACCOUNTING FUNCTION
Role of Financial Accounting in Finance
• Functions within the Finance Department
• Purpose and documentation
• Invoice and billing
• Debit & Credit Notes
• Contra of Account
• Receipts and Payments
• Fixed Assets Register
Standard Operating Procedures & Policies
• Organization Chart
• Mapping the scope and flow-charting
• Policies and procedures
• Job specification
• Control Accounts
• Budgetary control
• Internal & External Audit
Taxation and Accounting
• Income Tax and Public Rulings
• Sales Tax, Service Tax
• Goods & Services Tax (GST)
Statutory Compliance and Accounting
• Maintaining Proper Accounting Records
o Companies Act 2016
o Income Tax Act 1967
• Other relevant legislations
• Effective Filing System
 SPEAKER PROFILE
Chartered Accountant, Consultant, HRDF Certified Trainer
CA (M) CA (ANZ) B COM
Winson is a Chartered Accountant by profession and has over 30 years of experience having served in various roles as practicing accountant, company secretary, financial controller and management consultant.
He presently consults and advises companies to better manage their businesses through an integrated process covering strategic planning; tactical design, planning (financial and otherwise) and implementation; and monitoring, review and analysis. A key focus of his consultancy is to help clients to better manage and utilize their cash resources and to restore a financially sickened company to good health.
Besides consulting, Mr. Han is also actively involved in conducting public and in-house seminars targeting the non-financial audience in financial management and analysis, financial planning & budgeting, cost management, SST/GST and credit and cash flow management. He is a PSMB (HRDF) certified trainer and holds a degree in commerce from New Zealand and is a member of the newly merged institute known as “Chartered Accountants Australia and New Zealand” and Malaysian Institute of Accountants.
 ENQUIRY & REGISTRATION
- General - (03 - 5888 7357)
- Teo (011 - 3178 9203)
- Logesh (012 - 503 0346)
- Siti (012 - 383 8603)
- Han (019 - 323 0507)