** Thaught With Official Microsoft Power BI Courseware **
As technology progresses and becomes more interwoven with our businesses and lives, more data is collected about business and personal activities. This era of "big data" is a direct result of the popularity and growth of cloud computing, which provides an abundance of computational power and storage, allowing organizations of all sorts to capture and store data. Leveraging that data effectively can provide timely insights and competitive advantages.
Creating data-backed visualizations is key for data scientists, or any professional, to explore, analyze, and report insights and trends from data. Microsoft® Power BI® software is designed for this purpose. Power BI was built to connect to a wide range of data sources, and it enables users to quickly create visualizations of connected data to gain insights, show trends, and create reports. Power BI's data connection capabilities and visualization features go far beyond those that can be found in spreadsheets, enabling users to create compelling and interactive worksheets, dashboards, and stories that bring data to life and turn data into thoughtful action.
 COURSE OBJECTIVES
In this course, you will analyze data with Microsoft Power BI. You will:
• Analyze data with self-service BI
• Connect to data sources
• Perform data cleaning, profiling, and shaping
• Visualize data with Power BI
• Enhance data analysis by adding and customizing visual elements
• Model data with calculations
• Create interactive visualizations
• Interactive lecture and discussion
• Hands-on exercises
 WHO SHOULD ATTEND
Professionals in a variety of job roles who are currently using desktop or web-based data management tools such as Microsoft Excel® or SQL Server® reporting services to perform numerical or general data analysis.
Those who are responsible for connecting to cloud-based data sources, as well as shaping and combining data for the purpose of analysis
Those who are also looking for alternative ways to analyze business data, visualize insights, and share those insights with peers across the enterprise. This includes capturing and reporting on data to peers, executives, and clients
Each computer will need to have the following software installed. Unless otherwise specified, the software should be full licensed versions.
• Microsoft® Windows® 10
• Microsoft .NET version 4.5
• Microsoft® 365 Business Premium (Trial)
NOTE: Students will need to be provided with a Microsoft 365 Business Premium trial email address that they can access during the course.
- Adobe® Acrobat® Reader
- Power BI ® Desktop
- Any web browser
 DATE, TIME & FEE
Date: 22 - 23 September 2021 (Thu - Fri)
Time: 9.00am - 5.00pm
Mode: Online/ Interactive
[HRDF Claimable - SBL KHAS]
- Early Bird Offer (before 26 Aug 2021) - RM 1,100
- Special Offer (before 10 Sep 2021) - RM 1,150
- Normal Fee - RM 1,300
>> Fee includes Course Notes, Certificate of Completion and 6% Service Tax.
** OFFER **
- 10% Cashback for SST2u Learner Card+ (SLC+) members. T&Cs applied.
 COURSE SCOPE
Lesson 1: Analyzing Data with Self-Service BI
• Topic A: Data Analysis and Visualization for Business Intelligence
• Topic B: Self-Service BI with Microsoft Power BI
Lesson 2: Connecting to Data Sources
• Topic A: Create Data Connections
• Topic B: Configure and Manage Data Relationships
• Topic C: Save Files in Power BI
Lesson 3: Performing Data Cleaning, Profiling, and Shaping
• Topic A: Clean, Transform, and Load Data with the Query Editor
• Topic B: Profile Data with the Query Editor
• Topic C: Shape Data with the Query Editor
• Topic D: Combine and Manage Data Rows
Lesson 4: Visualizing Data with Power BI
• Topic A: Create Visualizations in Power BI
• Topic B: Chart Data in Power BI
Lesson 5: Enhancing Data Analysis
• Topic A: Customize Visuals and Pages
• Topic B: Incorporate Tooltips
Lesson 6: Modelling Data with Calculations
• Topic A: Create Calculations with Data Analysis Expressions (DAX)
• Topic B: Create Calculated Measures and Conditional Columns
Lesson 7: Creating Interactive Visualizations
• Topic A: Create and Manage Data Hierarchies
• Topic B: Filter and Slice Reports
• Topic C: Create Dashboards
 TRAINER PROFILE
Microsoft Certified Trainer, Microsoft Office Specialists Master HRDF Certified Trainer
Surya has 18 years of experience in the Training and ICT industry. She obtained an American Associate Degree in Computer Science and subsequently a B.Sc. Science Computer from University of Arkansas, USA.
Her Professional Qualifications include Microsoft Certified Trainer, Microsoft Office Specialists Master, Microsoft Office User Specialist for Word Expert, Excel Expert, Microsoft Access and PowerPoint and System Support Specialist for AutoCAD. Her strengths are in the areas of Microsoft Office, Microsoft Project, Microsoft Visio, Microsoft Publisher, Microsoft Outlook, AutoCAD, Adobe Photoshop, Adobe Illustrator, Adobe Flash, Adobe Dreamweaver and Microsoft FrontPage.
As a professional trainer with a unique combination of business experience, training and technical skill, her training has consistently met client’s objectives and received favourable feedback
 ENQUIRY & REGISTRATION
Contact: - General (03 - 5888 7357)
- Teo (011 - 3178 9203)
- Logesh (012 - 503 0346)
- Siti (012 - 383 8603)
- Han (019 - 323 0507)