Managing cash flow can be a challenge in better times and certainly it is more difficult when the business environment comes under strain from a slowdown in the economy and uncertainly in the global market place. This will generally bring about a decline in revenue and drop in cash inflow with no change to cash outflow; and overtime depletion of the vital cash reserve. The need to increase and to conserve cash become an urgency as not to allow the company to slide into a financial (liquidity) crisis and impacting the financial stability of the company.
This program will give participants a quick but comprehensive understanding of the importance of cash (hence cash flow), working capital, the causes of financial distress and identifying areas for improving cash inflow and conserving or reducing cash out flow. Participant will also learn the critical skill in forecasting and apply such skill and methodologies to do proper cash flow planning and management of cash resources.
(B) COURSE OBJECTIVES
By the end of this program, participants will be able to: -
• Learn to identify the signs and symptoms of a company in financial (liquidity) distress
• Know the impact and implication of the lack or absence of liquidity on the financial stability of the company
• Know and understand the root causes that contribute to the such a situation
• Learn to identify areas of where cash inflow can be enhanced; and additional cash flow can be created; and cash outflow can be reduced through elimination and reduction of cost / expenses
• Learn the skill and methodologies to plan and manage cash flow through the preparation of the Cash Budget (Master Cash Flow Projection and the relevant supporting budgets
(C) TARGETED AUDIENCE
• Accountants, Accounts Executives and Personnel
• Business and Operations Managers and Executives
• Business Owners / Company Directors
• Entrepreneurs and Professionals
• Anyone who is responsible for and/ or involved in
managing cash and cash flow
DATE: 12 July 2021 (Mon)
TIME: 9.00am - 5.00pm
MODE: Online/ Interactive
CPD: 8 Hours
[HRDF CLAIMABLE | SBL KHAS]
- Early Bird Offer (before 20 June 2021) - RM 500
- Special Offer (before 5 July 2021) - RM 560
- Normal Fee - RM 620
>> Fee includes Course Notes, Certificate of Completion and 6% Service Tax.
** OFFER **
- 10% Cashback for SST2u Learner Card+ (SLC+) members. T&Cs applied.
(E) COURSE SCHEDULE
(I) Introduction and Overview
• Cash is King
• Why cash is so important?
• Dispelling Common Myths
• Signs and Symptoms of Financial Distress
(II) Managing Working Capital
• Working Capital and Liquidity
• Funding Gap & Business Activity Cycle
• Inventory Management
• Accounts Receivable / Credit Control
• Accounts Payable
• Cash Management
(III) Capital Budgeting and Cash Flow
• Renewing PPE and its impact
• Evaluating investment and projects
(IV) Cash Flow Planning and Projection
• Situational Analysis
• Validating Assumptions
• Forecasting Cash Inflow and Cash Outflow
(V) Working on the Budget
• Sales & Accounts Receivable
• Other Inflows
• Purchases, Inventory and Accounts Payable
• Operating Expenses and Other Outflows
(VI) Managing the Deficit / Surplus
• Understanding Deficit
• Understanding Cost and Cash Outflow.
• Increasing the Inflow and Reducing the outflow
• Investing the Surplus and creating a cash reserve.
(VII) Case Study
• Turning around the crisis
(F) SPEAKER PROFILE
CA (M) CA (ANZ) B COM
- Chartered Accountant, Consultant, HRDF Certified Trainer
Winson is a Chartered Accountant by profession and has over 40 years of experience having served in various roles as practicing accountant, company secretary, financial controller and management consultant. He presently consults and advises companies to better manage their businesses through an integrated process covering strategic planning; tactical design, planning (financial and otherwise) and implementation; and monitoring, review and analysis. He also consults on SST/ GST for covering compliance and implementation. He is a Customs approved GST tax agent.
Besides consulting, Mr. Han is also actively involved in conducting public and in-house seminars targeting the non-financial audience in financial management and analysis, financial planning & budgeting, cost management, SST/GST and credit and cash flow management. He is a PSMB (HRDF) certified trainer and holds a degree in commerce from New Zealand and is a member of the newly merged institute known as “Chartered Accountants Australia and New Zealand” and Malaysian Institute of Accountants.
(G) PREREQUISITE FOR THE COURSE
Participants are requested to bring along a laptop equipped with MS Excel to participate in working the budget and the case study. A sample template incorporating the Master Budget and supporting budgets will be given to participants at the seminar.
(H) REGISTRATION & ENQUIRY
General (03 - 8082 3357)
Teo (011 - 3178 9203)
Logesh (012 - 503 0346)
Siti (012 - 383 8603)
Han (019 - 323 0507)