Section 17A of the Malaysian Anti-Corruption Commission (Amendment) Act 2018 came into effect on June 1st, 2020. The Act holds commercial organization accountable for corruption offences, if any person associated with it commits a corrupt act. If found violated, the organization – irrespective of their sizes - will be liable for their employees’ and/or associates’ corrupt practices. The penalties, upon conviction, could be ten times (10x) the value of bribe/ gratification or RM1 million, whichever is higher and/or a jail sentence not exceeding 20 years. As such, commercial organization must take heed of the new laws and put in place adequate procedures in preventing acts of corruption. The is a specially designed seminar to educate the boards and senior management on such implication. The program will share case studies and steps Human Resource Department can take in devising and implementing the Corporate Liability Provisions (Section 17A MACC Act) via the T.R.U.S.T framework based on Adequate Procedures (GAP) and more.
[B] LEARNING OUTCOME
Understand the Provisions & Adequate Procedures to be put in place for Malaysian Anti-Corruption Act 2009 and Amendment Act 2018 (S. 17A)
• Apprise participants on the new Section 17A on Corporate Liability Provision
• Familiarise participants on the five Principles enshrined in the Ministerial Guidelines on Adequate Procedures
• Clarify the roles of the Partners, Directors and Management on the establishment of Adequate Procedures to address the exposures of commercial organisations
• Provide awareness to participants on examples (i.e. case studies) of what constitute Adequate Procedures
• Equip participants with a working knowledge on how to develop “Adequate Procedures”, on a “step-by -step” approach
[C] WHO SHOULD ATTEND
• Business Owners, Directors
• CEO, CFO, CMO, CXOs
• Human Resource Managers, HR Officers, Internal Audit
• Procurement/ Purchasing Managers, Contract Managers and anyone involved in contracting of any kind, and in evaluating for suppliers, contractors etc.
• Anyone involved in managing corporate governance and integrity practices of the organisation
• Team member, project manager, or executive
Lecture, Case Study Analysis, video show, Group Discussion and Best Practices Sharing
[E] DATE, TIME & FEE
Date: 24 June 2021 (Thu)
Time: 9:00am - 5:00pm
Mode: Online/ Interactive
[HRDF Claimable | SBL KHAS]
- Early Bird Offer (before 6 Jun 2021) - RM 470
- Special Offer (before 20 Jun 2021) - RM 520
- Normal Fee - RM 570
>> Fee includes Course Notes & Certificate of Completion and 6% Government Service Tax
** OFFER **
- 10% Cashback for SST2u Learner Card+ (SLC+) members. T&Cs applied.
[F] COURSE CONTENT
 NEW MALAYSIAN ANTI-CORRUPTION ACT 2009 AND AMENDMENT ACT 2018 (S. 17A)
• What is this about?
• How does this affect you?
 BUSINESS ETHICS
• What is business ethics?
• Importance of business ethics
• Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR)
• Pyramid of business responsibility
• Responsibilities to stakeholders
• Examples of unethical behaviour
Business Ethics Case Studies Analysis
 DUTIES & OBLIGATIONS OF JOB HOLDERS
• Professional Ethics
• You and Code of Conducts for your Profession and others
• Case Studies Analysis
 PREVENTIVE MEASURES BY HUMAN RESOURCE AND THE ORGANIZATION
• Assessment on the usual practices dealing with stakeholders
- Assessing usual practices against the compliance
- Develop policy, procedures and rules of Anti – bribery
- No gift policy of the company
• Establish Procedures and Reporting for corrupt behaviour
- Develop policy, procedures and rules of Anti - bribery
• Whistle Blowing Hotline
- What is whistle blowing?
- Whistle blower
- More guidelines on whistle blowing
• Organize anti – corruption training at work
- Develop modules related to unethical behaviour and anti - bribery
• Standardize the hiring process
• Orientation of new employees
- Provides Workplace Ethical and/or Anti – Bribery Training
 SHARING OF MY PREVIOUS ETHICAL TRAINING
• Special consideration work arrangement for positions that are more corruption – prone
- Establish policy related the positions corruption – prone
- Transfer clause in the employment contract and/or employee handbook
WRAP UP FOLLOWED BY QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
[G] SPEAKER PROFILE
HRDF Certified Trainer
Brian Wee was Head of Human Resources, Internal QMS Auditor and Corporate Trainer of MMC for a holding company of oils refineries in Malaysia. He holds a Master of Business Administration and a Post Graduate Diploma in Business Administration from Heriot Watt University, United Kingdom. He also has a Certificate and a Diploma in Personnel Management. He is a Certified Human Resource Professional (CHRP), an Ordinary Member of Malaysian Institute of Human Resource Management (MIHRM), PSMB Certified Trainer and PSMB Human Resource Consultant. Wee has attended a three days Effective Training Evaluation program by Ms Beverley Jeffreys of Chisholm Institute, Australian National Training Authority (ANTA). He brings with him more than 15 years of working experience in Human Resource of large manufacturing companies. He is a Resource Training person for Malaysian Institute of Personnel Management (MIPM), Malaysian Institute of Purchasing and Material Management, UBS Commercial Institute, Open University Malaysia, Asia e University and UTM Space Executive Diploma Programs and others.
He started off his career in 1980 as a Senior Officer with the Ministry of Information where stayed for 15 years and gained extensive management experience. Later he moved to a Japanese based company where he was in charge of all spectrums of Human Resource functions. During that time, he acquired some Japanese management skills such as Kaizen, Zero Defect, JIT, Quality Control, Quality Assurance, ISO QMS and EMS Awareness Program and many others. He developed and trained QC, ISO QMS and EMS and productivity related modules for the Wilmar International Group of companies’ employees. In his present capacity, he develops modules and trains his employees and many organizations. He is also a part time lecturer for academic courses, namely Certificate & Diploma Program for Malaysia institute of Human Resource Management, Supervisory Module for Certificate & Diploma for Malaysian Institute of Purchasing & material Management, Executive Diploma of Human Resource Management for UTM SPACE, Asia e University, Southern College University and Open University Malaysia and Professional Short Course in Mandarin for Human Resource subjects and English Conversation & Communication Skills for User Business School (UBS).
His much in demand programmes are Effective Supervisory Skills, Purchansing & Negotiation Skills, 8D Team Problem Solving Methods, Total Preventive Maintenance, ISO QMS AND EMS Awareness Program, UTM SPACE ISO QMS Modules, Effective QA/QC Inspectors, QC Tools, QCC, Effective Communication and Motivation Program, Excellent Clerical Skills, Excellent Customer Service, Effective Business English Communication Skills, Report Writing Skills, Effective Presentation Skills, Teambuilding Program, Positive Working Attitude, Malaysian Labour Laws and Industrial Relation Laws, Understanding of Employment Act 1955, Handling Misconduct and conducting Domestic Inquiries, Effective Salary Computation and Administration, Handling Problematic & Difficult Employees, Report Writing Skills, Drafting an Employment Contract, Effective Human Resource Management, HR for Non HR Executive / Managers, People Management, Leadership Skills, Balanced Scorecard, Key Performance Indicators and others. Among some of his training participants and/or consultancy services included Kyocera, Sunpower, TJ Wang Group (Accountancy & Secretarial Services), Lii Hen Group, China Press, White Horse Ceramic, ML Plastics Sdn Bhd, Yee Wan manufacturing, Southern College, Foo Yew High School, MITI, Police Academy (Technical),Champion Precision, JK Sumi Wire, Muar Ban Lee Engineering, Autoveyor, Southern Lion, Seiko Electric, CSC Steel, San Miguel Yamamura Plastic, Ornapaper, Umicore Malaysia, Alloy Consolidated (MTD Group), Panasonic AVC Network, Southern College University, Infineon Technilogies, to name a few.
Mr. Brian Wee had provides HR & Quality and Productivity Consultancy Services to Li Hen Group, a furniture exporter and manufacturer, Omega Printer, Golpar Plastic Injection, Dian Pang Supermarket and others.
[H] ENQUIRY & REGISTRATION
- General - (03 - 5888 7357)
- Teo (011 - 3178 9203)
- Logesh (012 - 503 0346)
- Siti (012 - 383 8603)
- Han (019 - 323 0507)