** 5th INTAKE **
Tax planning is crucial for businesses as it analyzes a business' financial situation and strategizes a plan from a tax perspective. This is an important aspect of a business as proper tax planning can reduce tax liability and maximize contribution.
[B] COURSE OBJECTIVES
• Be able to plan your business expenditure to ensure maximum deductions
• Ensure that your capital expenditures obtain maximum allowances
• Understand the fine points of classification and deductions
• Ensure that your tax estimate and liability are minimised
• Maximise double deduction
[C] DATE, TIME & FEE
DATE: 14 - 15 June 2021 (Mon - Tue)
TIME: 9.00am - 5.00pm
MODE: Online/ Interactive
[HRDF CLAIMABLE | SBL KHAS]
- Special Offer (before 2 Jun 2021) - RM 1,050
- Normal Fee - RM 1,150
>> *Fee inclusive of IAAP Certificate Examinations
Others: Includes Course Notes, Exercises, Assignments, Certificates, Transcript and 6% Government Service Tax
** OFFER **
- 10% Cashback for SST2u Learner Card+ (SLC+) members. T&Cs applied.
[D] COURSE OUTLINE
 CORPORATE TAX PLANNING
1.1: Malaysia ’s Tax Regime and Tax Incentives
• Overview of the tax regime, tax incentives and schemes
• Practical application of the various incentives
• Examine the recent developments and regulatory changes, and how they benefit your company
1.2: Tax Planning in Action
• Work through “real life” case studies on how the recent developments may impact your tax outcome
• Develop the analytical skills needed to identify planning opportunities
• Discover planning techniques on how to defer or minimise taxes in a compliant manner
• Tax planning versus tax evasion
• Learn the interplay between tax and non-tax statues
2.1: How to Avoid Common Pitfalls and Penalties
• Work through “real life” case studies
• Address key application issues and commonly made mistakes
• Exercise correct judgment on certain tax positions and avoid pitfalls and penalties
• What are the options available to mitigate/reduce penal exposure
 TRANSFER PRICING - COMPLIANCE AND INTERACTIONS WITH CUSTOMS & SST
• Introduction to transfer pricing
• Relevance of Transfer Pricing
• Latest TP developments / updates in Malaysia
• TP audit landscape in Malaysia
• Audit processes and triggers
• Common issues in TP audits
• Appeal and dispute resolution processes
• Interaction between TP and Customs Duty
a) The different tax principles – can it be harmonised?
b) What are the implications to customs duty when making a TP adjustment?
c) Is TP documentation useful in a Customs’ valuation dispute?
 WITHHOLDING TAX
• Overview of the scope and rates of withholding tax
• Responsibilities of the payer
• Non-deductibility of expenses and disallowed capital expenditure
• Withholding tax for royalty payments – with focus on the thin lines in interpreting the statutory definition of royalty
• Withholding tax for interest payments to non- residents
• Withholding tax for special classes of income (section 4A) – the wide statutory definition, and withholding tax on the related disbursements and reimbursements
• Withholding tax for contract payments & the non-finality
• Withholding tax for payments in respect of other gains or profits (section 4(f)) – the scope and its practical implications
• Permissibility of re-grossing of payments
• Rules for determination of residence status of the payee
• Additional tax or tax refund for the payee (tax overpaid/underpaid due to misunderstandings over residence status)
• Brief overview of the role of tax treaties
 OVERVIEW OF BUDGET 2020 AND LATEST GOVERNMENT INCENTIVES
• Real Property Tax changes
• Tax Reliefs
 COVID 19 TAX ISSUES
- Additional Deductions
- Service Tax Exemption
- Accelerated capital Allowances
- Import duty and sales tax exemption
- Postponement of tax payments
[E] SPEAKER PROFILE
C.A. (M), FCCA, FFA
Tharmaseelan C.A (M), F.C.C.A, MIAE has vast experience in the field of Accounting, Taxation, Internal Control Systems and Finance for almost 15 year in an international accounting firm and local consultancy firms.
His career spanned across wide working experience and exposure in Accounting, Taxation, implementing Internal Control Systems and Finance in consultancy firms, a leading hotel in Langkawi and in a leading hotel training college. He has also developed Business, Accountancy and IT Programs with various colleges, and these programs are validated by foreign universities and professional Bodies.
He was attached to a medium size audit firm as a Senior Audit Assistant before he moved over to an established international tax company where he held the position as a Tax Senior. He then joined an established professional firm as the Tax Manager where he oversaw the computation, submission and resolving tax issues for clients.
His tenure with an established Consultancy as a Senior Consultant gave him the opportunity to designed internal control systems & implemented it. He also advised his clients on compliance with accounting standards and tax regulations. His last position prior to going into practise was as the Associate Director of The Business School where he was responsible for restructuring the Busines School and identifying suitable courses and obtaining accreditation from various bodies and universities.
He is currently in practice offering his expertise and knowledge to corporate and professional clients, locally and worldwide. His specializations are in designing and setting up of Accounting, Taxation, Finance, Internal Control and Operational Systems as well as in performing Operational Audits. His well-esteemed clients include those in the hospitality, education, manufacturing and service-based industries.
He has trained personnel from numerous private sector companies and the public sector, including MK Land Berhad, KULIM HI TECH Berhad, including, Majlis Bandaraya Shah Alam, Permodalan Nasional Berhad, Institut Jantung Negara, Tradewind Hotel Group, Bintulu Development Authority, Ritz Carlton Hotel, Putrajaya, IOI Resort, Majlis Perbadanan Sibu, Lembaga Urusan Tabung Haji, Tenaga Cable Industries, Yeo Hiap Seng, Kobe Precision, Eon Finance, International Islamic University, Petroliam Nasional Bhd, Progressive Insurance Bhd, Subang Jaya Medical Centre, The MINT Hotel, KLIA Pan Pacific Hotel, Bank Rakyat, Toshiba Electronics, UDA Holdings Bhd, Komag USA, Bank Industri & Teknologi (M) Bhd, PPB Group and TH Plantations to name a few. As a qualified Accountant, he is actively involved in conducting audit and financial courses. His experience brings him to faraway countries such as Vietnam, Brunei, Nepal, Uganda and Rwanda to train Accounting and Financial Professionals.
He is also a regular training facilitator for
1. Malaysian Institute of Accountants
2. Certified Public Accountants of Australia
3. Malaysian Institute of Management
[F] ABOUT IAAP
The International Association of Accounting Professionals (IAAP) has been established to provide internationally recognised qualification for accounting professionals and, through that recognition, to enhance their status in the financial and business communities. Holders of a current IAAP membership certificate can enjoy the benefits of this international recognition in their careers. The IAAP ‘Accounting Professional’ also enjoys the prestige and status that is
conferred by this title.
IAAP is a wholly owned subsidiary of the prestigious International Association of Bookkeepers which is headquartered in the UK. The International Association of Bookkeepers (IAB) has over 10,000 members across 60 countries, and is one of the most prestigious not-for-profit organisations for professional bookkeepers in the world.
Regulated in England by Ofqual (the Office of Qualifications and Examinations Regulation - a non-ministerial government department that regulates qualifications, exams and tests), the IAB is both a government-approved and a statutory supervisory body. Setting world-class standards, IAAP and the IAB offer students worldwide the chance to gain the very best financial qualifications – as well as lifelong skills.
[G] ENQUIRY & REGISTRATION
- Teo (011 - 3178 9203)
- Logesh (012 - 503 0346)
- Siti (012 - 383 8603)
- Han (019 - 323 0507)