Financial modelling is a crucial pillar of financial management. Whether you are attached to a financial institution, or working as a financial analyst or just an ordinary accounting position, such skills are often required in financial evaluation and business planning. The participants will gain insights into the step-by-step process of creating financial models using Microsoft Excel, putting checks and audits and finally stress test the modelling. Important financial models include Three Statement Model (income statement, balance sheet and cash flow statements), Discounted Cash Flow, Budget, Forecasting, Sum of the Parts Models etc.. Best-practice modelling techniques are demonstrated, to ensure maximum accuracy and efficiency. Real company forecast model is used to buttress the learning effectiveness.
This course will equip all participants with various tools to aid in complex business decision making by incorporating multiple factors operating in the dynamic business environment.
 COURSE OBJECTIVES
• Use your company financial statements to identify areas for improvement including assets management, cost reduction technique, sales and collection skill
• Understand how much funding is needed to grow your business
• Consider taxation, working capital, shareholder expectations, prices & quantity changes in investment decision making processes
• Review of Financial Performance (Case Study)
• Applying Interactive Budgeting & creating Dashboard
• Understanding Risk Modelling Skills
 WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
Entrepreneurs, Bankers, Accountants, CFO, CEO, Business Managers, Marketing Managers, Supervisors, and Managers
NOTE: Attendees need to bring along laptop with Microsoft Excel (Ver 2016 and above) installed. For better effectiveness, attendees are encouraged also activate webcam and mics for interaction purpose, when requested.
Class Size Limit - 10 participants. For providing best attention to each participant and ensure their objective is achieved.
Case Study & Group Discussion. Real-current financial & business cases will be analyzed, and scenario solutions will be discussed within the workshop.
 DATE, TIME & FEE
Date: 10 - 11 May 2021 (Mon - Tue)
Time: 8.45am - 4.45pm
Mode: Online/ Interactive
[HRDF CLAIMABLE - SBL KHAS]
- Early Bird Offer (before 23 Apr 2021) - RM 1,150
- Special Offer (before 6 May 2021) - RM 1,210
- Normal Fee - RM 1,270
>> Fee includes Course Notes & Certificate of Completion and 6% Government Service Tax
** OFFER **
- 10% Cashback for SST2u Learner Card+ (SLC+) members. T&Cs applied.
 COURSE FEATURES
Module 1: Managing P&L and ROI- Balance Sheet
• How to read a Balance Sheet
• Assessment of company financial strength and risk
• Working capital management
- Profit & Loss Statement
• How to read Profit & Loss Statement
• Use Profit and Loss Statement to evaluate performance
• Why profit is different from cash
Module 2: Managing Cash Flow
• Lifeblood of business – Cash Flow Statement
• Relationship between Cash Flow Statement and Balance Sheet
• Three (“3’) streams of cash flow, i.e. Operating, Investing & Financing
• How to determine financial health from cash flow pattern
Module 3: Improve Cash Flow & Profitability Position (Practical Case Study)
• Applying What If Analysis (Goal seek & solver)
• Applying Profitability Strategy Management Framework
- Formulation stage - Execution stage
- Evaluation stage
Module 4: Formulation of Business Turnaround Strategies (Case Study) Objectives
• Asset conversion
• Fees & Collection
• Spreading costs
• Manpower review
• Stock management
• Product market study
• Purchasing policy
Module 5: Review of Financial Performance (Case Study)
• Analysis of Cash Flow position
• Prepare forecast Statement of Comprehensive Income and Statement of and Financial Position
• Understanding financial performance & gearing level
Module 6: Interactive Budgeting
• Planning Process
• Preparation of Budgeting (Operational & Financial Budget)
• Budgeting and Human Behaviour
• Goal seek tool
Module 7: How to Monitor your Sales, Costs & Collection
• Define your sales projection, factor in fluctuation (Q1, Q2, Q3 & Q4)
• Do your monthly average sales & expenses
• Used 3 estimate techniques (2+10, 5+7, 8+4) and also use SMART (specific, measurable, achievable, realistic & timebound)
• Make sure your budget is relevant at all times during the year
Module 8: Investment Techniques & Time Value of Money (Case Study) Objectives
• Calculate return on investment (ROI),
• Calculate net present value (NPV), internal rate of return (IRR), and payback period
• Recommendation to proceed or reject based on financial & non-financial considerations
“I really like the way Dr Steven Liew delivered on this financial modelling using Ms Excel especially the Business turnaround strategies & the Proactive way to solve problem”
- Assistant Finance & Admin Manager, TH Hotel & Residence Sdn Bhd
“The speaker delivery skill in financial modelling is very good and practical. He knows the subject well and able to hold out our attention throughout the 2 days program with exercises & case studies”
- General Manager- Finance UDA Holdings Sdn Bhd
“What I like most about the program is Investment techniques, using financial tools to solve business problems and All of the training financial knowledge”
- Accountant, Guinness Anchor Bhd
“My overall rating of this financial modelling program is relevant, practical & awesome”
- Executive, Financial Risk Management, Petronas
 SPEAKER PROFILE
DR STEVEN LIEW
Certified HRDF Trainer
Dr Steven Liew is a fellow member of the Chartered Institute of Management Accountants, UK and is a Chartered Accountant by profession. He has an Asia Pacific Executive MBA (for senior executives) from the National University of Singapore and a PhD in international finance with Rushmore University of USA. Dr Liew had worked in private sector companies, ranging from family-run businesses to professionally manage multi-national corporations in South Asia and the ASEAN region. He has accumulated more than 30 years working experience in senior financial & operational management positions spearheading the profitability and growth of companies. He has worked for the MBF Finance & its related group of companies over the 10 years’ period. He is a registered Trainer with the Government Human Resources Development Berhad (Pembangunan Sumber Manusia Berhad) and a GST Tax Consultant.
Dr Steven Liew had conducted various seminars for corporate clientele including Association of Credit Management Malaysia, Chartered Institute of Management Accountants, Malaysia Institute of Management, Malaysia Institute of Accountants, Institute of Bank Bank Malaysia, Nestle, IQPC Worldwide Pte Ltd, Singapore, Lexis Nexis, Proton Edar Malaysia , Brunei Investment Agency, Small Medium Industries Development Corporation , Ministry of Development, Brunei , BICPA Asean Management, Brunei, Risda Group Of Companies, Sales & Marketing Training Forum, Sri Lanka, Giant Retail Sdn Bhd, Telekom Brunei & Ministry of Foreign Affairs, Malaysia, Sabah Electricity Sdn Bhd, Bank Islam Brunei Darussalam. Continental Tyres, Sime Darby Bhd, Sony Malaysia Sdn Bhd, Perodua Sdn Bhd & Credit Guarantee Corporation (M) Bhd; Fujixerox, UDA Holdings, SPNB, Diners Club, Elk Desa Capital Bhd, Antah Schindler, UCSI & Ministry of Finance; Seccom Sdn Bhd; Bridgestone Chemical Products (M) sdn Bhd; Dialog Group Bhd; SEDCO, KK; Hosiden Electronics (M) Sdn Bhd; STO Maldives; Indah Water Consortium Sdn Bhd; CPA Australia (M) Sdn Bhd.
He is currently providing management consultancy and training specialising in Forecasting, Fast closing monthly, leadership, Strategic Planning, budgeting, accounting, finance, cost reduction, credit management & loan recovery.
 ABOUT IAAP
The International Association of Accounting Professionals (IAAP) has been established to provide internationally recognised qualification for accounting professionals and, through that recognition, to enhance their status in the financial and business communities. Holders of a current IAAP membership certificate can enjoy the benefits of this international recognition in their careers. The IAAP ‘Accounting Professional’ also enjoys the prestige and status that is conferred by this title.
IAAP is a wholly owned subsidiary of the prestigious International Association of Bookkeepers which is headquartered in the UK. The International Association of Bookkeepers (IAB) has over 10,000 members across 60 countries, and is one of the most prestigious not-for-profit organisations for professional bookkeepers in the world.
Regulated in England by Ofqual (the Office of Qualifications and Examinations Regulation - a non-ministerial government department that regulates qualifications, exams and tests), the IAB is both a government-approved and a statutory supervisory body. Setting world-class standards, IAAP and the IAB offer students worldwide the chance to gain the very best financial qualifications – as well as lifelong skills.
 ENQUIRY & REGISTRATION
- Teo (011 - 3178 9203)
- Logesh (012 - 503 0346)
- Siti (012 - 383 8603)
- Han (019 - 323 0507)