*Free Accounting Software Provided
(A) Course Objectives
• To provide participants with a basic and sound understanding of business accounting and their applications in the workplace.
• Get an overview of the entire accounting system and understanding of how transactions are sorted, classified and categorized into meaningful financial information.
• Learn how to prepare the final accounts – Balance Sheet and Income Statement.
• To understand and be able to utilize accounting information in their works and to improve effectiveness and efficiency.
• To enable participants to better interact with the accounts or finance department to enhance cooperation and to secure their support in achieving departmental objectives.
(B) Who Should Attend
• This program is suitable for Accounts Clerks, Accounts Assistants, Accounts Supervisors, Office Administrators, Non-financial Executives and Secretaries.
• Level for Executives and above
(C) Date, Time, Mode
Date： 20 - 22 May 2021 (Thu - Sat)
Time： 9AM - 5PM
Mode： Online/ Interactive
[HRDF Claimable | SBL KHAS]
- Early Bird Offer (before 1 May 2021) - RM 880
- Special Offer (before 15 May 2021) - RM 950
- Normal Fee - RM 1020
- Fee includes Course Notes & Certificate of Completion and 6% Government Service Tax
** OFFER **
- 10% Cashback for SST2u Learner Card+ (SLC+) members. T&Cs applied.
(E) Course Contents
MODULE 1 : INTRODUCTION TO ACCOUNTING
• Understanding Accounting and Book Keeping
• The needs and uses of accounting
• Decision making and accounting
• Importance Of Accounting To Business
• Users And Uses Of Accounting Data
• Principles, Assumptions And Convention
• Accounting Equation
MODULE 2: GENERAL RULES OF ACCOUNTING
• Receipt And Payment
• Revenue And Expenses
• Rules Of Double Entry
• Fixed Assets And Current Assets
• Work In Progress
• Current Liabilities
MODULE 3: ACCOUNTING BASICS
• An overview of the accounting system
• The Accounting Equation – Debit & Credit
• Accounting documentation and records keeping
• Accounts, classification and recording
• System of check and balances
MODULE 4: RECORDING PROCESS
• Steps In Recording
• Chart Of Journal
• How To Extract A Trial Balance
MODULE 5: ADJUSTING THE ACCOUNT
• Adjusting For Prepayment And Accrual
• Provision Of Bad Debt And Bad Debt
• Journalizing And Posting The Adjustment
MODULE 6 : COMPLETE THE ACCOUNTING CYCLE
• Closing The Book
• Presentation Of Data
MODULE 7: DRAWING UP THE FINAL ACCOUNTS AND FINANCIAL STATEMENTS
• Income Statement
• Balance Sheet
• Cash flow statement
MODULE 8 : PREPARING THE INCOME STATEMENT
• Cost of goods sold
• Gross Profit
• Net profit
MODULE 9 : PREPARING THE BALANCE SHEET
• The Accounting Equation
• Double-Entry Accounting
• Types of Assets
• Types of Liabilities
MODULE 10: ACCOUNTING FOR FIXED ASSETS
• Method Of Depreciation
• Depreciation Computation
• Accounting Entries For Depreciation Charges
• Revaluation Of Assets
• Disposal Of Assets
HRDF APPROVED TRAINER
Senior Lecturer in Accounting & Finance
Wendy Tee Leap Sing has over fifteen years of experience in senior management and human resources positions for diversified industrial and business environments. Graduated with a Master of Business Administration (UM), Master of Information Technology (UM), Certified Financial Planner (CFP), Certified Business coach (UM) , Registered Financial Planner (RFP), Certified Trainer (PSMB) and Certified Advance Human Resource Practitioner (MIHRM), she has undergone intensive academic training in various human development and knowledge improvement. Wendy is a member of the Malaysia Financial Planning Council (MFPC) as well as a Security Commission licensed financial planner with VKA Wealth Planners. Wendy is actively involved in management consultancy, management training and research. Her latest responsibility involves the business coaching, financial training, management consultancy, management and financial and investment lecturing of Degree programs for Tunku Abdul Rahman University College. She has experience managing training programs cover from local universities, in house training and public seminar training, from designing training needs assessment, developing training materials, monitoring and tracking of training programs successfulness and implementing training evaluation. Having been trained as a qualified trainer, her skill and knowledge has been enhanced in operations effectives, fitness analysis, gap analysis and needs assessments. For the past ten years she has been involved in lecturing and training in Financial Accounting and Reporting Skills, Personal Financial Planning, Corporate Financial Management, Practical Budgeting & Cost Reduction Technique, Mastering Company Accounts for Financial Statement Analysis, Balance Scorecard linked with Performance Management, Training Need and Analysis, Payroll Administration Techniques and Setting Departmental Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) and Understanding Malaysia Employment act 1955 ( Act 265), EPF act 1991 and Socso Act 1967.
Wendy is also a Human Resource consultant and certified trainer now appointed from Pembangunan Sumber Manusia Berhad (PSMB), National Human Resources Centre (NHRC) and Malaysian Institute of Human Resource Management (MIHRM), providing comprehensive and independent Human Resource advisory to clients. In addition to consulting with and servicing clients, she is responsible for HR training, coaching & advisory for the company. In the area of Human Resource Management, Wendy focuses on Strategic Talent Management, Training and Development Management, Performance Management, Payroll Management and Setting Departmental & Inter Departmental Key performance Indicators (KPIs). Wendy is now pursuing her Doctor of Business Administration (DBA) from Universiti Utara Malaysia (UUM).
Wendy completed and passed her GST exams organized by Chartered Tax Institute of Malaysia (CTIM) with the cooperation and support from of the Royal Malaysian Customs Department (RMC). She is currently advising more than 70 SME companies in Malaysia for getting ready on the implementation of GST, mainly dealing with the tax authorities over various GST issues, elements and scope of GST, cycle and operations, rulings, registration, administration, audit and investigations on behalf of her clients.
- General (03 - 8082 3357)
- Teo (011 - 3178 9203)
- Logesh (012 - 503 0346)
- Siti (012 - 383 8603)
- Han (019 - 323 0507)