* Delivered in English & Bahasa Malaysia
The cost of operating a warehouse continues to rise. Stock accuracy and availability will boost production performance, customers’ trust and as well as company profitability. Businesses have been put under pressure to ensure the costs for warehouse operations are not overwhelming. However, stockout situations must be avoided. Keeping unnecessary stock is not good for the company financial performance also.
This training has been specially designed to develop the skills with regard to an effective inventory control. The participants will be also exposed to the relevant tools to manage storage and inventory level and to prevent future stock variances.
The participants will be also exposed to the method to align inventory control activities with major management systems such as ISO 9001:2015, ISO 14001:2015 and ISO 45001:2018.
• To develop the skills to use ABC Analysis to manage inventory.
• To be able to design and manage inventory coding system
• To be able to design, implement and improve inventory reduction program
• To develop individual skills to determine safety stock and right stock level
• To understand issues in material demand and forecasting
• To understand the tools to manage space issues
• To develop the skills to manage stock count and inventory accuracy
• To understand the issues in warehouse security
• To be able to conform inventory control activities with major management systems such as ISO 9001:2015, ISO 14001:2015 and ISO 45001:2018
(C) WHO SHOULD ATTEND
The target groups for this program are Managers / Executives / Non-Executives in Supply Chain Management, Procurement, Production Planning and Control, Store and Warehousing, Logistics, Finance and Production.
(D) DATE & VENUE
Date: 2-4 Feb 2021 (Tue - Thu)
Time: 9.00AM - 5.00PM
Mode: Online / Webinar
Early Bird Offer (before 19 Jan 2021) - RM 800
Special Offer (before 30 Jan 2021) - RM 900
Normal Fee - RM 1000
- Fee includes Course Notes, Certificate of Completion & 6% Government Service Tax
** DISCOUNT **
- SST2u Learner Card member - 15% discount
(F) COURSE CONTENTS
- Introduction and Ice Breaking
- Pre Test
- Roles of Warehouse and Trends Affecting Stock
- Challenges Often Faced by a Warehouse Manager
- Effects When Logistics is not Integrated
- 12 Reasons Why Stock is Kept
- Organization in Materials Management and 9 Attributes of an Effective Supervisor
- Different Types of Decision in Materials Management
- Designing Inventory Coding System
- Using ABC Analysis in Inventory and Stock Control Policy
- Basics of Warehouse Process
- Designing a Stock Reduction Program
Just in Time Inventory
- Determining Safety Stock
- What is the Right Stock Level?
End of Day One
- Review of Previous Topics
- Lead Time Issues
- Demand and Forecasting
- Receiving, Storage and Picking
- Shipping and Issuing
- Emergency Preparedness and Response for Warehouse When Space isn’t Enough
- Managing Stock Count
- Managing Inventory Accuracy
- Choosing the Best Supplier
End of Day Two
- Review of Previous Topics
- Physical Aspects of Material Management
- 3P of Loss Prevention
- Monitoring Performance
- Warehouse and Inventory Management in Major Management Systems
- Post Test
End of Day Three
(G) SPEAKER PROFILE
HISHAMUDDIN ABDUL HALIM
HRDF Certified Trainer
Hishamuddin Abdul Halim is the former Head of Occupational Safety and Health Section at the University of Malaya. Prior to joining the University of Malaya, he served in the manufacturing sector.
His work experience covered production, quality control, logistics and warehouse, supply chain management and QSHE. He has more than 25 years of experience in establishing, implementing, maintaining and improving various management systems such as ISO9001, ISO 45001, ISO14001, C-TPAT, BCM and so on. He was actively involved in the development, review of documents and as well as auditing for those management systems. He was also actively involved in the implementation of various 6 and innovation projects at the organizational level.
Hishamuddin Abdul Halim holds a Bachelor of Management (Hons) degree from Multimedia University and has passed the Safety and Health Officer exam with NIOSH. He is also a PSMB trainer, Ministry of Human Resources (TTT / 2448). He was trained by Emory University in BSL-3 and as well as attended IRCA lead auditor training program organized by Neville Clarke.
In the field of training, he actively designs and delivers training programs and talks in various sub-fields such as QSHE, BCM, emergency preparedness and response, store management and inventory, security, administration, and etc. He has trained staffs or delivered talks for HG Power Transmission, IAC Electricals, Gamlite IT, Uganda National Roads Authority (UNRA), University of Malaya, LASAM, Singapore Institution of Safety Officers, Latexx Manufacturing, FGV, Tradewinds Plantations, Malaysian Society of Occupational Safety and Health (MSOSH) and etc. He is a major contributor to the topic of occupational safety and health and as well as environmental management and animal facilities in the Panduan Penjagaan dan Penggunaan Haiwan Makmal (2017) published by Penerbit Universiti Malaya.
(H) REGISTRATION & ENQUIRY
General (03 - 5888 7357)
Teo (011 - 3178 9203)
Logesh (012 - 503 0346)
Siti (012 - 383 8603)
Han (019 - 323 0507)