The employment market is predictably getting more and more sophisticated. The pandemic has given rise to unprecedented challenges. Employers and candidates are demanding more from each other. Even during the normal times, managers who are required to recruit often find the exercise stressful. After all, recruiting the wrong candidates and the company is 'stuck' with people who are not adding fully to the organization. And yet, the fact is, many staff do resign within a year. What it means is, the entire process of recruitment will begin all over again. To avoid that, companies should recruit the right talent which leads to a better result and making the job of management easier.
Effective interviews to select the right candidates will save a lot of headache and time, and boost general morale of staff and management alike. Underpinning all this is to have a Competency Framework that focuses on effective recruitment by ensuring managers and leaders have the right interviewing skill set.
 COURSE OBJECTIVES
• Using competencies to develop and structure effective interview guides
• Define the importance of interviewing as a method of selection
• List the common mistakes untrained interviewers commit and define ways to overcome them
• Discover the main types of selection interviews and when and how to use each
• Design an interview guide and use it in order to collect ‘code-able’ data from interviewees
• Use probing techniques designed to uncover behavioural characteristics of applicants
• Utilize data collected from interviews to produce meaningful interview reports which will help in the decision-making process
 WHO SHOULD ATTEND
• HR Managers
• Admin Managers
• Departmental Heads
• Line Managers
• Senior Managers
• Talent Managers
• Team Leaders
• Executives who handles human resource management and HR issues
This course will be conducted using a combination of approaches including:
• Interactive lectures and descriptions of predefined topics
• Discussions and feedback sessions with participants
• Practical exercises for the use of techniques in the interview process.
• Trainers’ comments and feedback on the results of practical exercises
 DATE, TIME & FEE
Date: 8 February 2021 (Mon)
Time: 9.00am - 5.00pm
Mode: Online/ Interactive
- Early Bird Offer (before 11 Jan 2021) - RM 420
- Special Offer (before 25 Jan 2021) - RM 460
- Normal Fee - RM 500
>> Others: Fee includes Course Notes, Certificate of Completion & 6% Government Service Tax
(i) 15% overriding discount for SST2u Learner's Card members
 COURSE CONTENT
01] Interview Preparation
• Introduction _ The Importance Of Interviews
• Preparing Job Specification & linking To Competency Profile
• Linking Key Result Areas (KRAs) And Associated Competency Requirements To Interviews
• Understand Key Interview Preparatory Steps
• Preparing Interviewing Questions Based On Competency Profile
• Checklist Of Interviewing
 Conducting the Interview
• Elements of the Interview
• Useful questions for Interviews
• Skills in questioning, listening, interpretations
• Common errors in interviewing
 Behavioural Issues in Interviewing
• The Importance of Effective Listening - Are You Really Listening?
• The Barriers To Effective Listening
• How To Develop Good Listening Habits
• The Rule In Listening
• Kinesics & Body Language - Interpreting What The Interviewee Is Really Saying
• Elements Of Body Language
• Practicing Paraphrasing
• Practicing Suspending Judgment
• The Importance Of Attending Skills
 Documenting the Interview
• Become Aware Of The Importance Of Effective Post-Interview Documentation
• Taking Notes – Linking Findings To Job Competency Needs
• How To Document Jobs With No Tangible Requirements
• Distinctions Between Effective And Ineffective Notes
 Making the Selection
• Understand The Components That Comprise Making A Selection Decision
• Developing The Candidate Assessment Graph
• The Seven Point Selection Plan
• The Value Of Psychometric Testing
• Selecting The Right Person
• Other Selection Considerations
 SPEAKER PROFILE
HRDF Certified Trainer
Brian Wee was Head of Human Resources, Internal QMS Auditor and Corporate Trainer of MMC for a holding company of oils refineries in Malaysia. He holds a Master of Business Administration and a Post Graduate Diploma in Business Administration from Heriot Watt University, United Kingdom. He also has a Certificate and a Diploma in Personnel Management. He is a Certified Human Resource Professional (CHRP), an Ordinary Member of Malaysian Institute of Human Resource Management (MIHRM), PSMB Certified Trainer and PSMB Human Resource Consultant. Wee has attended a three days Effective Training Evaluation program by Ms Beverley Jeffreys of Chisholm Institute, Australian National Training Authority (ANTA).
He brings with him more than 15 years of working experience in Human Resource of large manufacturing companies. He is a Resource Training person for Malaysian Institute of Personnel Management (MIPM), Malaysian Institute of Purchasing and Material Management, UBS Commercial Institute, Open University Malaysia, Asia e University and UTM Space Executive Diploma Programs and others.
He started off his career in 1980 as a Senior Officer with the Ministry of Information where stayed for 15 years and gained extensive management experience. Later he moved to a Japanese based company where he was in charge of all spectrums of Human Resource functions. During that time, he acquired some Japanese management skills such as Kaizen, Zero Defect, JIT, Quality Control, Quality Assurance, ISO QMS and EMS Awareness Program and many others. He developed and trained QC, ISO QMS and EMS and productivity related modules for the Wilmar International Group of companies’ employees.
In his present capacity, he develops modules and trains his employees and many organizations. He is also a part time lecturer for academic courses, namely Certificate & Diploma Program for Malaysia institute of Human Resource Management, Supervisory Module for Certificate & Diploma for Malaysian Institute of Purchasing & material Management, Executive Diploma of Human Resource Management for UTM SPACE, Asia e University, Southern College University and Open University Malaysia and Professional Short Course in Mandarin for Human Resource subjects and English Conversation & Communication Skills for User Business School (UBS).
His much in demand programmes are Effective Supervisory Skills, Purchansing & Negotiation Skills, 8D Team Problem Solving Methods, Total Preventive Maintenance, ISO QMS AND EMS Awareness Program, UTM SPACE ISO QMS Modules, Effective QA/QC Inspectors, QC Tools, QCC, Effective Communication and Motivation Program, Excellent Clerical Skills, Excellent Customer Service, Effective Business English Communication Skills, Report Writing Skills, Effective Presentation Skills, Teambuilding Program, Positive Working Attitude, Malaysian Labour Laws and Industrial Relation Laws, Understanding of Employment Act 1955, Handling Misconduct and conducting Domestic Inquiries, Effective Salary Computation and Administration, Handling Problematic & Difficult Employees, Report Writing Skills, Drafting an Employment Contract, Effective Human Resource Management, HR for Non HR Executive / Managers, People Management, Leadership Skills, Balanced Scorecard, Key Performance Indicators and others.
Among some of his training participants and/or consultancy services included Kyocera, Sunpower, TJ Wang Group (Accountancy & Secretarial Services), Lii Hen Group, China Press, White Horse Ceramic, ML Plastics Sdn Bhd, Yee Wan manufacturing, Southern College, Foo Yew High School, MITI, Police Academy (Technical),Champion Precision, JK Sumi Wire, Muar Ban Lee Engineering, Autoveyor, Southern Lion, Seiko Electric, CSC Steel, San Miguel Yamamura Plastic, Ornapaper, Umicore Malaysia, Alloy Consolidated (MTD Group), Panasonic AVC Network, Southern College University, Infineon Technilogies, to name a few. Mr. Brian Wee had provides HR & Quality and Productivity Consultancy Services to Li Hen Group, a furniture exporter and manufacturer, Omega Printer, Golpar Plastic Injection, Dian Pang Supermarket and others.
 ENQUIRY & REGISTRATION
- Teo (011 - 3178 9203)
- Logesh (012 - 503 0346)
- Siti (012 - 383 8603)
- Han (019 - 323 0507)