Knowledge in shipping i.e. import and export process and documentations is a crucial part of the supply chain process. In import and export activities, there are various kind of documentations involved.
During importations, you may require to adhere to various kinds of procedures such as import permit, product certifications, inspection report, pharmaceutical approvals whereas for export, you may require up to four kinds of contract like, sales agreement, contract of carriage, contract of finance and contract of cargo insurance.
The shipper or importer is also required to comply to requirements of the consignee’s or exporters country. These requirements changes frequently and very often irregular documents creates confusion and resulting to delay of customs clearance and delivery of goods.
Incoterms are the key rules of shipping in determining how costs and risks are allocated to the parties and can reduce conflict among traders, therefore minimise trade disputes and litigations.
 COURSE OBJECTIVES
Upon completion of this program, participants will be able to:
• Understand the import and export proceedings and documentations
• Getting to know various steps on import and export documentation flows
• Gain an indepth on various international trade terms
• Develop knowledge to evaluate international trade terms
• Understand some terms in relations to cargo insurance, coverage and claims
Participants who are involved in supply chain management, sales and marketing.
 TARGET AUDIENCE
This program is designed for those who are involved in shipping activities (import and export documentations, shipment booking), purchasing and sourcing, sales or order administration, sales and marketing, finance.
 DATE, TIME & FEE
Date: 12 - 13 January 2021 (Tue - Wed)
Time: 9.00am - 5.00pm
Mode: Online/ Interactive
- Early Bird Offer (before 17 Dec 2020) - RM 700
- Special Offer (before 4 Jan 2021) - RM 760
- Normal Fee - RM 820
Others: Includes Course Notes, Certificates, Transcript & 6% Service Tax
(i) SST2u Learner Card Member - overriding 15%
 COURSE OUTLINE
 What is shipping?
- Shipping definition - Definition of import - Definition of export - Mode of shipping
- What governs the mode of shipping?
 Shipping Documentations
- Types of documents
- Transport documents
- Commercial documents
- Certificate of origin
- Other certificates
- Import/export permits
- Insurance certificate
 Customs Declarations
- Customs documentations
- Customs forms
- Types of customs forms
- How movement of goods are declared?
- Documents accompanying customs declaration
 Understanding INCOTERMS 2020
- Origins of INCOTERMS
- Purpose of INCOTERMS
- What is in INCOTERMS 2020
- Where your INCOTERMS should apply?
- INCOTERMS 2020 – any transportation mode
- INCOTERMS 2020 – sea and inland waterway transport
 Marine Cargo Insurance
- What is marine cargo insurance?
- What are the coverage?
- Institute Cargo Clauses (ICC)
- Filing a Claim – Documents required
 Letters of Credit (LC)
- LC defined
- Principle & Purpose of UCP600
- Types of credits
- Roles of banks
- Parties to the transaction
- Basic documentary credit procedure
- Crucial demands in the credit
- Examining the LC
 Logistics Models
- First Party Logistics (1PL)
- Second Party Logistics (2PL)
- Third Party Logistics (3PL)
- Fourth Party Logistics (4PL)
- Fifth Party Logistics (5PL)
 SPEAKER PROFILE
HRDF Certified Trainer, Consultant
Mr H.C. Wong, PJK, MBA (Paris), CSCSS (CiiSCM), TCC (TAPA), the facilitator of this program, is a HRDF certified trainer. He has more than 27 years of experience in the field of logistics, trade administration, shipping, warehousing, purchasing and customer service in the manufacturing sector.
He has a MBA in Management (Paris Graduate School of Management). Asides his academic credential, he is also a Certified Supply Chain Security Specialist (Chartered International Institute of Security & Crisis Management), a TAPA Certified Coordinator and has also obtained an Executive Customs Agency Certification from the Royal Malaysian Customs Academy (AKMAL).
Throughout his career, he has involved in several set-ups of manufacturing logistics and warehousing, trade compliance, logistics projects and had organised series of in-house training programs for logistics and shipping staffs and new hires; handled series of developments in ensuring successful transition in C-TPAT and AEO implementations and audits; developing safety and security standards for warehousing and shipping process and has also involved in logistics restructuring in several companies.
Asides, he has also involved in series of improvements and developments throughout his career, such as restructuring of warehousing and developing its storage system to improve material efficiency and movement with RF systems and scanning; written and developed number of operating procedures (SOP) to ensure its implementations are carried out in order; initiated MHE upgrading project to convert fleet ownership to rental which had saved about RM200,000 per annum in operational costs; has also initiated a logistics optimization project which had save the company of RM500,000 per annum in shipping and other logistics cost.
 ENQUIRY & REGISTRATION
- Teo (011 - 3178 9203)
- Logesh (012 - 503 0346)
- Siti (012 - 383 8603)
- Han (019 - 323 0507)