Personal taxation evolves with the Income Tax Act and related procedure. Employment thus comes with tax planning potential. Understanding what allowances and receipts are liable or exempt from tax, or how expenses may be managed so that they are deductible from Gross Remuneration.
Without a doubt, providing an efficient remuneration package is critical in attracting and maintaining an effective workforce. Ensuring it is both tax efficient to the organization as well as to the employee is crucial. Attendees will learn practical approaches to ensuring maximum tax deductions are obtained by the organization, while the employee is not overly taxed as his remuneration increases.
This program looks at how to maximize tax exempt allowances and benefits, as well as obtaining maximum relief provided by the Income Tax Act. Case studies will be discussed.
This program would also discuss special reliefs introduced due to COVID 19 and latest budget 2021 issues.
 COURSE OBJECTIVES
• Being better equipped in ensuring compliance with Income Tax Act
• Ensuring that the necessary forms are filled and filed correctly
• Knowing how to obtain extension of time for submission
• Comprehending the effects of the latest budget
• Knowing how to plan residency status of expatriate employees to reduce their tax liability
• Being better able to design effective remuneration packages
 WHO SHOULD ATTEND
• All H.R. & Finance Practitioners
• Executive Directors
• Decision Makers
• Senior Management
• Personnel Managers & Executives
• Administrative Managers
• Company Secretaries
 COURSE FOCUS
• Malaysian Income Tax System
• Employment Income
• Types of Income
• Designing An Effective Remuneration Package
• Personal Relieves And Tax Rebates
• Residence Of Persons Under Income Tax Act
• Returns By Employer
 DATE, TIME & FEE
Date: 3 - 4 December 2020 (Thu - Fri)
Time: 9.00pm - 5.00pm
Mode: Online/ Interactive
FEE: [HRDF Claimable]
- Special Offer (before 3 Dec 2020) - RM 980
- Normal Fee - RM 1,000
>> Fee includes Exercises, Assignments, IAAP Certificate Examinations, Course Notes, Certificate of Completion & 6% Service Tax
(i) SST2u Learner Card Member - overriding 15%
 COURSE OUTLINE
 MALAYSIAN INCOME TAX SYSTEM
• The Derived Income Basis
• The Remittance Basis
• Classes of Income
• Chargeable Persons
 EMPLOYMENT INCOME
• Contract of Service or Contract For Service
• Employment Income Deemed to Be Derived from Malaysia
• Basis Period of Gross Employment Income
• Gross Employment Income
 TYPES OF INCOME
• S13 (1) (a) Monetary Or Near Monetary Benefits
• S13 (1) (b) Benefits In Kind (BIK)
• S13 (1) (c) Value Of Unfurnished Accommodation
• S13 (1) (d) Refund From Unapproved Pension Fund
• S13 (1) (e) Loss Of Office And Entering Into Restrictive Covenant
 DESIGNING AN EFFECTIVE REMUNERATION PACKAGE
• Maximizing Exempt Allowances
• Maximizing Exempt Benefits in Kind
• Ensuring that Remuneration and Benefits are Tax Deductible to the Company
• Traveling Allowances and Exemptions
• Case Study
 PERSONAL RELIEVES AND TAX REBATES
• Relives Available
• Relief Planning
 RESIDENCE OF PERSONS UNDER INCOME TAX ACT
• Residence Under S.7(1)(a)
• Residence Under S.7(1)(b)
• Residence Under S.7(1)(c)
• Residence Under S.7(1)(d)
• Impact of Tax Residence
• Case Study
• Types of Returns
• Failure to Submit Returns
• Extension of Time to Submit Returns
 RETURNS BY EMPLOYER
• Types of Forms E, TP1 and TP3
• Money Payable to Employee
• Relief in Respect of Error or Mistake
• Responsibility of an Employer
• Responsibility of a Taxpayer
• Offences and Penalties
• Self Assessment System
• Case Study
• Additional Assessment
• Advance Assessment
• Reduced Assessment
• Composite Assessment
COURSE REVISION, ASSESSMENT & Q&AS
 SPEAKER PROFILE
C.A. (M), FCCA, FFA
Tharmaseelan C.A (M), F.C.C.A, MIAE has vast experience in the field of Accounting, Taxation, Internal Control Systems and Finance for almost 15 year in an international accounting firm and local consultancy firms.
His career spanned across wide working experience and exposure in Accounting, Taxation, implementing Internal Control Systems and Finance in consultancy firms, a leading hotel in Langkawi and in a leading hotel training college. He has also developed Business, Accountancy and IT Programs with various colleges, and these programs are validated by foreign universities and professional Bodies.
He was attached to a medium size audit firm as a Senior Audit Assistant before he moved over to an established international tax company where he held the position as a Tax Senior. He then joined an established professional firm as the Tax Manager where he oversaw the computation, submission and resolving tax issues for clients.
His tenure with an established Consultancy as a Senior Consultant gave him the opportunity to designed internal control systems & implemented it. He also advised his clients on compliance with accounting standards and tax regulations. His last position prior to going into practise was as the Associate Director of The Business School where he was responsible for restructuring the Busines School and identifying suitable courses and obtaining accreditation from various bodies and universities.
He is currently in practice offering his expertise and knowledge to corporate and professional clients, locally and worldwide. His specializations are in designing and setting up of Accounting, Taxation, Finance, Internal Control and Operational Systems as well as in performing Operational Audits. His well-esteemed clients include those in the hospitality, education, manufacturing and service-based industries.
He has trained personnel from numerous private sector companies and the public sector, including MK Land Berhad, KULIM HI TECH Berhad, including, Majlis Bandaraya Shah Alam, Permodalan Nasional Berhad, Institut Jantung Negara, Tradewind Hotel Group, Bintulu Development Authority, Ritz Carlton Hotel, Putrajaya, IOI Resort, Majlis Perbadanan Sibu, Lembaga Urusan Tabung Haji, Tenaga Cable Industries, Yeo Hiap Seng, Kobe Precision, Eon Finance, International Islamic University, Petroliam Nasional Bhd, Progressive Insurance Bhd, Subang Jaya Medical Centre, The MINT Hotel, KLIA Pan Pacific Hotel, Bank Rakyat, Toshiba Electronics, UDA Holdings Bhd, Komag USA, Bank Industri & Teknologi (M) Bhd, PPB Group and TH Plantations to name a few.
As a qualified Accountant, he is actively involved in conducting audit and financial courses. His experience brings him to faraway countries such as Vietnam, Brunei, Nepal, Uganda and Rwanda to train Accounting and Financial Professionals.
He is also a regular training facilitator for
1. Malaysian Institute of Accountants
2. Certified Public Accountants of Australia
3. Malaysian Institute of Management
 ABOUT IAAP
The International Association of Accounting Professionals (IAAP) has been established to provide internationally recognised qualification for accounting professionals and, through that recognition, to enhance their status in the financial and business communities. Holders of a current IAAP membership certificate can enjoy the benefits of this international recognition in their careers. The IAAP ‘Accounting Professional’ also enjoys the prestige and status that is
conferred by this title.
IAAP is a wholly owned subsidiary of the prestigious International Association of Bookkeepers which is headquartered in the UK. The International Association of Bookkeepers (IAB) has over 10,000 members across 60 countries, and is one of the most prestigious not-for-profit organisations for professional bookkeepers in the world.
Regulated in England by Ofqual (the Office of Qualifications and Examinations Regulation - a non-ministerial government department that regulates qualifications, exams and tests), the IAB is both a government-approved and a statutory supervisory body. Setting world-class standards, IAAP and the IAB offer students worldwide the chance to gain the very best financial qualifications – as well as lifelong skills.
 ENQUIRY & REGISTRATION
Teo (011 - 3178 9203)
Logesh (012 - 503 0346)
Siti (012 - 383 8603)
Han (019 - 323 0507)