Warehouses are prone to security and loss issues such as break ins, employee thefts, frauds, cargo thefts, disasters and etc. The best way to prevent or mitigate the effects of such losses is to attempt to stop the losses before they actually happen. Thus, it is important to understand the precursors to the actual event and to be able to apply deterrent measures.
Warehousing has never been a stationary process. In today’s dynamic business environment, the capability of the company to ensure that the processes are secured and safe are crucial. Warehouse security and loss prevention are important to business sustainability in the long run.
This training has been specially designed to develop the security aspects of warehousing and to provide an in-depth understanding towards developing security programs for warehouse operations while ensuring compliance with major management systems.
The participants will be also exposed to the method to manage warehouse security and loss prevention in different industries. The participants will be also exposed to the relevant tools to enhance warehouse security and loss prevention for the organization.
 COURSE OBJECTIVES
• To understand why crime occurs
• To learn about how facilities design can improve warehouse security and prevent losses
• To appreciate support from internal and external stakeholders
• To be able to handle security inclined recruitment process
• To understand different types of security threats
• To be able to build asset inventory and understanding threats and vulnerabilities
• To be able to apply emergency preparedness and response elements in loss prevention programs
• To learn about secured and safe warehouse operations
• To be able to apply critical thinking approach to handling warehouse security and loss prevention issues
• To learn about outsourcing for security services
• To be able to apply loss prevention strategy through accounting and audits
• To be able to apply risk management techniques in warehouse security and loss prevention
 WHO SHOULD ATTEND
Managers, executives and supervisors in warehousing, logistics, purchasing and security.
This training program uses adult learning methods such as lectures, group discussion, Power Point presentations and games. Participants will spend half of the time in individual or group activities that allow them to cultivate warehouse security and loss prevention awareness and relevant skills to develop relevant programs at workplace. The trainer will share his knowledge and actual experience and will draw real examples from the actual industry setting to reinforce learning.
 DATE, TIME & FEE
Date: 9-10 December 2020 (Wed - Thu)
Time: 9.00am - 5.00pm
Duration: 2 Days
- Early Bird Offer (before 22 Nov 2020) - RM 770
- Special Offer (before 5 Dec 2020) - RM 830
- Normal Fee - RM 880
Others: Includes Course Notes, Certificates, Transcript & 6% Service Tax
(i) SST2u Learner Card Member - overriding 15%
 COURSE CONTENT
08:30 - Registration
09:00 - Introduction and Ice Breaking (15 mins)
- Pre-Test (15 mins)
- Warehouse Burglary: An Illustration (20 mins)
- Threats and Hazards That Can Cause Losses (20 mins)
- Locations Requiring Security and Loss Prevention Program (20 mins)
10:30 - Tea Break
10.45 - Experts That Can Support Loss Prevention (15 mins)
- Understanding Crime Triangle (30 mins)
- Other Theories for Understanding Crime (30 mins)
- Design Approach for Warehouse Security and Loss Prevention (30 mins)
- Gaining Support from External Individuals and Groups (30 mins)
13:00 - Lunch
14:00 - Gaining Support from Internal Individuals and Groups (30 mins)
-Security and Recruitment Process (30 mins) Security Threat from Within (30 mins)
15:30 - Tea Break
15:45 - Security Threat from Outside (30 mins)
- Building Asset Inventory and Understanding Threats and Vulnerabilities (45 mins) 17:00 - End of Day One
09:00 - Review of Previous Topics (15 mins)
- Emergency Preparedness and Response (75 mins)
10:30 - Tea Break
10.45 - Secured and Safe Warehouse Operations (75 mins)
- Applying Critical Thinking Approach to Handling Warehouse Security and Loss Prevention Issues (30 mins)
- Outsourcing Security Services (30 mins)
13:00 - Lunch
14:00 - Loss Prevention Strategy through Accounting and Audits (30 mins)
- Determining and Mitigating Risks (60 mins)
15:30 Tea Break
15:45 - Warehouse Security and Loss Prevention Implementation Process and Challenges (30 mins)
- Post Test (15 mins)
- Conclusion (30 mins)
17:00 - End of Day Two
 SPEAKER PROFILE
HISHAMUDDIN ABDUL HALIM
HRDF Certified Trainer
Hishamuddin Abdul Halim is the former Head of Occupational Safety and Health Section at the University of Malaya. Prior to joining the University of Malaya, he served in the manufacturing sector.
His work experience covered production, quality control, logistics and warehouse, supply chain management and QSHE. He has more than 25 years of experience in establishing, implementing, maintaining and improving various management systems such as ISO9001, ISO 45001, ISO14001, C-TPAT, BCM and so on. He was actively involved in the development, review of documents and as well as auditing for those management systems. He was also actively involved in the implementation of various 6δ and innovation projects at the organizational level.
Hishamuddin Abdul Halim holds a Bachelor of Management (Hons) degree from Multimedia University and has passed the Safety and Health Officer exam with NIOSH. He is also a PSMB trainer, Ministry of Human Resources (TTT / 2448). He was trained by Emory University in BSL-3 and as well as attended IRCA lead auditor training program organized by Neville Clarke.
In the field of training, he actively designs and delivers training programs and talks in various sub-fields such as QSHE, BCM, emergency preparedness and response, store management and inventory, security, administration, and etc. He has trained staffs or delivered talks for HG Power Transmission, IAC Electricals, Gamlite IT, Uganda National Roads Authority (UNRA), University of Malaya, LASAM, Singapore Institution of Safety Officers, Latexx Manufacturing, FGV, Tradewinds Plantations, Malaysian Society of Occupational Safety and Health (MSOSH) and etc. He is a major contributor to the topic of occupational safety and health and as well as environmental management and animal facilities in the Panduan Penjagaan dan Penggunaan Haiwan Makmal (2017) published by Penerbit Universiti Malaya.
 ENQUIRY & REGISTRATION
- General (03 - 5888 7357)
- Teo (011 - 3178 9203)
- Logesh (012 - 503 0346)
- Siti (012 - 383 8603)
- Han (019 - 323 0507)