Managing cash flow is crucial whether it is during normal time or in a crisis. It is about planning, monitoring, and responding positively to events as they unfold. Cash flow planning is about forecasting the outcome in a 12-month period or more based on an assessment of the situation and making valid assumptions; and putting in place a set of realistic responses to achieve a desired outcome. It is also about having the right mindset and attitude, especially in a crisis.
• Know and understand the issues and impact of the crisis on the economy, supply chain, business, and employment,
• Learn to use cash flow as a key strategy to survive the financial crisis
• Know and understand the critical areas to focus and to craft appropriate cash flow strategies to response to the challenge.
• Acquire the right mindset and approach to survive the crisis.
• Learn to identify the key drivers of cash flow and use them to create cash flow; and/or to eliminate or reduce cash outflow.
• Learn to set up the relevant financial lever (driver) and use them to stimulate the various scenarios to determine the impact on the overall cash flow.
• Learn the skills and methodologies to plan and project cash flow through the preparation of a Business Continuity Plan comprising the Master Cash Budget and the relevant supporting budgets.
(C) TARGETED GROUP
• Accountants, Accounts Executives and Personnel
• Business and Operations Managers and Executives
• Business Owners / Company Directors
• Entrepreneurs and Professionals
• Anyone who is responsible for and/ or involved in managing cash and cash flow
(D) DATE & VENUE
Date: 15- 16 December 2020 (Tue-Wed)
Time: 9am - 1pm
Mode: Online / Webinar
[ CPD 8 Hours ]
Early Bird Offer (before 23 Nov 2020) - RM 440
Special Offer (before 7 Dec 2020) - RM 480
Normal Fee - RM 520
- Fee includes Course Notes & Certificate of Completion
** DISCOUNT **
- SST2u Learner Card member - 15% discount
(F) COURSE CONTENTS
 An Overview of the Crisis
1. Impacts on economy, business, and employment
2. Economic forecast and surveys
3. Economic Stimulus and Financial Assistance
 Assessing the Viability of the Business
1. Business Nature and Model
2. Organization Structure
3. Integrity of Supply Chain
4. Sources of funding – Internal & External
5. Cost Structure
 Understanding Working Capital and Cash Flow
1. Working Capital and Liquidity
2. Funding Gap & Business Activity Cycle
3. Managing Inventory, Accounts Receivable and Payable
4. Role of Credit Control in Cash flow
 Cash Flow Planning, Projection & Preparation
1. An overview of budgeting
2. Situational Analysis
3. Validating Assumptions
4. Forecasting Cash Inflow and Cash Outflow
 Working on the Budgets
1. The Budgets
2. Opening balances
3. Doing up the Master Budget and supporting budgets
(A comprehensive case study on constructing the key and supporting budgets)
 Managing the Crisis and Turning It Around
1. Mindset and Attitude
2. Understanding Cost and Cash Outflow.
3. Increasing the Inflow and Reducing the Outflows
4. Identifying and using the key cash flow levers (drivers)
(A simulation exercise on the use of key levers to create various scenarios)
(G) SPEAKER PROFILE
Chartered Accountant, Consultant, HRDF Certified Trainer
CA (M) CA (ANZ) B COM
Winson is a Chartered Accountant by profession and has over 30 years of experience having served in various roles as practicing accountant, company secretary, financial controller and management consultant.
He presently consults and advises companies to better manage their businesses through an integrated process covering strategic planning; tactical design, planning (financial and otherwise) and implementation; and monitoring, review and analysis. A key focus of his consultancy is to help clients to better manage and utilize their cash resources and to restore a financially sickened company to good health.
Besides consulting, Mr. Han is also actively involved in conducting public and in-house seminars targeting the non-financial audience in financial management and analysis, financial planning & budgeting, cost management, SST/GST and credit and cash flow management. He is a PSMB (HRDF) certified trainer and holds a degree in commerce from New Zealand and is a member of the newly merged institute known as “Chartered Accountants Australia and New Zealand” and Malaysian Institute of Accountants.
(H) REGISTRATION & ENQUIRY
General (03 - 5888 7357)
Teo (011 - 3178 9203)
Logesh (012 - 503 0346)
Siti (012 - 383 8603)
Han (019 - 323 0507)