Managing a business is about evaluating financial performance and condition (position) especially that of the business itself. It is also about managing relationships whether it is that of the customers (credit purpose), suppliers (security and stability), investors (for a public listed company) and business associates (for investment), or as a borrower to secure facilities from the banks. As such, it is impertinent that appropriate financial metrics must be put in place to track, monitor, and review performance from time to time to ensure that appropriate actions are taken to achieve the targeted results expected.
• To identify and understand the structure and function of financial statements
• To understand the difference between cash flow, profit and net worth
• To use financial data in a Company’s financial statements and notes to evaluate its performance
• To use financial metrics to assess a company’s liquidity, profitability, management efficiency, cash flow and financial structure.
• To use Market Performance Ratios to determine the valuation and performance of a company’s shares.
• To better communicate in financial terms on the working of a company and its operations.
(C) TARGETED GROUP
• Business owners / Professionals
• Company directors / Company Secretaries
• Business / finance managers and executives
• Credit managers and executives
• Accounting personnel
• Anyone who has a need to evaluate the performance / position of a company
(D) DATE & VENUE
Date: 24-25 November 2020 (Tue-Wed)
Time: 9am - 1pm
Mode: Online / Webinar
[ CPD 8 Hours | HRDF Claimable ]
- Early Bird Offer (before 4 Nov 2020) - RM 440
- Special Offer (before 18 Nov 2020) - RM 480
- Normal Fee - RM 520
(F) COURSE CONTENTS
 Structure and Contents of Financial Statements
• Income Statement – the 4 profit lines / impact of non-core revenue
• Balance Sheet – classification of assets and liabilities
• Cash Flow Statement – generation & usage of cash flow
• Notes to the Financial Statements – window into details
 Evaluating Financial Performance
• Value creation and Profitability
• Quality of Earnings
• Environment, product life cycle and corporate strategies
 Evaluating Financial Position & Cash Flow
• Working capital & it’s quality
• Liquidity and Solvency
• Usage of resources and its efficiency
• Cash flow generation and adequacy
• Operating, Investing & Financing activities
 Determining Business Valuation
• Value creation and P/E Ratio
• Earnings and Dividend Yield
• Asset valuation and NTA
(G) SPEAKER PROFILE
Chartered Accountant, Consultant, HRDF Certified Trainer
CA (M) CA (ANZ) B COM
Winson is a Chartered Accountant by profession and has over 30 years of experience having served in various roles as practicing accountant, company secretary, financial controller and management consultant.
He presently consults and advises companies to better manage their businesses through an integrated process covering strategic planning; tactical design, planning (financial and otherwise) and implementation; and monitoring, review and analysis. A key focus of his consultancy is to help clients to better manage and utilize their cash resources and to restore a financially sickened company to good health.
Besides consulting, Mr. Han is also actively involved in conducting public and in-house seminars targeting the non-financial audience in financial management and analysis, financial planning & budgeting, cost management, SST/GST and credit and cash flow management. He is a PSMB (HRDF) certified trainer and holds a degree in commerce from New Zealand and is a member of the newly merged institute known as “Chartered Accountants Australia and New Zealand” and Malaysian Institute of Accountants.
(H) REGISTRATION & ENQUIRY
- General (03 - 5888 7357)
- Teo (011 - 3178 9203)
- Logesh (012 - 503 0346)
- Siti (012 - 383 8603)
- Han (019 - 323 0507)