** THIS COURSE IS SUPPORTED BY MALAYSIA INSTITUTE OF HUMAN RESOURCE MANAGEMENT (MIHRM)
A teamwork environment promotes an atmosphere that fosters friendship & loyalty. These close-knit relationships motivate employees in parallel & align them to work harder, cooperate & be supportive of one another. This is especially important at a time when companies are suffering from slower growth, decreased collection and cut in staff remuneration.
Individuals possess diverse talents, weaknesses, communication skills, strengths, & habits. Therefore, when a teamwork environment is not encouraged this can pose many challenges towards achieving overall goals & objectives. This creates an environment where employees become focused on promoting their own achievements & competing against their fellow colleagues.
Ultimately, this can lead to an unhealthy & inefficient working environment.
When teamwork is working, whole team would be motivated & working toward same goal in harmony.
• Develop your ability to recognize own leadership qualities to build up teamwork
• Expand your ability to quickly create an effective team in times of uncertainty
• Be wary & appreciate the importance of team work & team building by using the relevant tools
• Apply the simple but practicable techniques of developing team work & team building
• Discuss in depth the various case exercises & game plays (contactless) to illustrate the fine points in team work & team building
• Illustrate the tips that are helpful in maintaining & growing morale in your company
• Classical video presentation on Tortoise & Hare to expound the morale on working together & always remain focus
• Interactive Presentation
• Case Exercises
• Game Plays (Contactless)
• Video Presentations
• Q & A Sessions
[D] TARGETED GROUP
• Businessman, CEO, COO, CFO, Directors
• Executive, Finance Executive, Admin Executive, Company Secretary
• Assistant, Technician, Supervisor
• Anyone who wish to develop their own personal skills in organisation, staffing and managing teams in their departments or companies
[E] DATE, TIME, VENUE & FEE
DATE : 5-6 NOVEMBER 2020 (THU-FRI)
TIME : 9.00AM - 5.00PM
VENUE : PULLMAN HOTEL, BANGSAR
- Special Offer (before 25 Oct 2020) - RM 960
- Normal Fee - RM 1040
NOTE: Upon completing this course, attendees will be awarded a Certificate of Attendance by Malaysian Institute of Human Resource Management (MIHRM)
>> Fee includes Course Notes, Lunch, Refreshments/ Tea Breaks, Certificate of Completion (2nd Cert) & 6% Government Service Tax
(i) SST2u Loyalty Card Member - overriding 15%
[F] COURSE CONTENTS
CREATING EFFECTIVE TEAM
• A CASE EXERCISE
• What is a high performance team?
• Advantages & disadvantages of teams
• TEAM GAME ON IMPORTANT REASONS WHY TEAMWORK MATTERS
BENEFITS THAT HIGHLIGHT IMPORTANCE OF TEAMWORK
• What is teamwork?
• 10 ways to improve teamwork
WHY TEAM WORK IS IMPORTANT?
• Principles of teamwork
• Characteristics & qualities of a team
• When should you build teams?
• Defining team work
• How do you build a team?
• What it means to be team able?
• Summing up excellence in supervision
JOHARI WINDOW MODEL
• What is Johari Window Model?
• How is Johari Window Model used?
• What are 4 Regions of JW Model?
• ILLUSTRATIONS OF MODEL
STAGES IN TEAM BUILDING
INTRODUCTION TO TEAM BUILDING
• Teamwork doesn’t come naturally
• Types of teamwork
SUMMARY: Recipe for successful team
VIDEO ON POWER OF TEAMWORK
• What is team work?
• Why are teams essential to success?
• What makes a successful team?
VIDEO ON SECRETS OF TEAM SUCCESS
• What is effective team management?
• Why team management is necessary?
• Tips for effective team management
• Team management from nature
CREATING EFFECTIVE TEAM
• A CASE EXERCISE
• Team definitions
• Types of teams
• Characteristics of high performance teams
• Behaviours of effective teams
CREATING TEAM BUILDING
• Five step process
• Approaches to team building
• Team development wheel
• Five dysfunctions of a team
• Team leadership
IMPROVE TEAM PROCESS
• What can be done to improve team processes?
• New member problems
• Behaviour profiles for coping
• Defined roles & responsibilities
• Sinking ship
• Being overly aggressive toward other member
• Problem-solving teams
• TEAM GAME ON IMPORTANCE OF TEAMWORK & LEADERSHIP
TEAMWORK BOOSTS MORALE & DELIVER RESULTS
• Morale is confidence
• 9 tips that are helpful in maintaining & growing morale
• TEAM GAME ON BOOST EMPLOYEE MORALE DURING TIMES OF UNCERTAINTY
A CLASSICAL VIDEO ON TORTOISE & HARE
• THREE Morales that open your eyes
• What Is A Team?
• Conceptions of “Team”
(G) About Speaker
- CONSULTANT/ EXPERIENCED EX-BANKER/ HRDF TRAINER
Agee Lee has more than 22 years of experience in the commercial banking in Malaysia and has worked in Malayan Banking Berhad and seconded to Kwong Yik Bank Berhad in 1980 to set up a Legal Documentation Department.
He started as a trainee officer moving up to Branch Manager, Loan Manager managing Corporate and Commercial Loans and finally as Head of Loan Recovery Division bringing down NPLs to RM65m from RM800m. He also worked in a property development company, then constructing a condominium and Nilai 3, for 2 years, and involved in a manufacturing company before working for 2 years in a construction company, executing federal contracts on roads, schools and colleges, in Kota Kinabalu, Sabah.
Besides marketing and approving the commercial loans, he was instrumental in setting up the Loan Recovery Section supervising about RM1.9b NPLs and was involved in structuring loans and lecturing modules on debt collecting and legal documentation on securities for 13 years. His last appointment was with Hong Leong Bank Berhad in 2003/4 as Head of Remedial Management Department.
Agee Lee holds Honours Degree in Economics (major in Business Administration) from Universiti Malaya, Associate of Institute of Bankers (London), Diploma in Marketing Management (NPC) and Certificate in Financial Planning (MII).
He is now a Training Consultant for IBBM, MIA and Banks in Malaysia, Singapore and Vietnam. Currently he has been giving talks on practical topics that will boost skills and confidence of participants.
- General (03 - 8082 3357)
- Teo (011 - 3178 9203)
- Logesh (012 - 503 0346)
- Siti (012 - 383 8603)
- Han (019 - 323 0507)