COURSE OBJECTIVES
• Meet future challenges in your workplace as a productive Accounts Staff
• Examine the accounting process - from transactions to financial information
• Realize the importance of cash flow & Recognize the method to track it
• Understand and apply the essential tools for effective accounting
• Able to prepare Final Accounts & methods of maintaining Record properly.
• Get ready for MBRS submission
Lecture / Exercises / Group Discussion
 WHO SHOULD ATTEND
• Accounts / Finance Executives or Clerks /Administration Executives or Clerks
• Payroll Executives or Clerks / Credit Executives / Sales and Marketing Executives / General Clerks / Corporate Planners and those who wish to obtain a good understanding on preparation of full set of accounts
 DATE, TIME & FEE
Date: 8-9 January 2023 (Mon-Tue)
Time: 9.00am - 5.00pm
Venue: Suasana All Suites Hotel, Johor Bahru
| [ HRD Corp Claimable ]
- Early Bird Offer (before 20 Dec 2023) - RM 1,500
- Pecial Offer (before 3 Jan 2024) - RM 1,580
- Normal Fee - RM 1,660
>> Fee includes Course Notes, Meals, Certificate of Completion and 6% Service Tax
** OFFER **
- 10% Cashback for SST2u Learner Card+ (SLC+) members. T&Cs applied.
HRDCorp Claimable Course:
Trainer MyCoiD: 429594X
Course Scheme: HRDCorp Claimable Course
Course Type: Public
Course Code: 10001290644
 COURSE OUTLINE
 UNDERSTANDING THE PURPOSE OF ACCOUNTING
• Introduction to fundamentals of accounting and book keeping
• Accounting process, concepts and principles / qualitative characteristics of financial information / accounting information for decision making
 RECORDING AND ANALYSING BUSINESS TRANSACTIONS
• Understanding main books of accounting system for any type of business operations
• Rules of double entry system – Debit & Credit
• Managing source documents (invoices, debit / credit notes, payment vouchers, etc)
• Ensuring relevant supporting documents for accounting transactions
• Distinction between revenue and capital expenditure
• Books of original entries – Types of journals and cash book
• Ledger system – General ledgers, subsidiary ledgers-posting into ledgers
• Proper classification of expenses to avoid problems with tax Authorities
 UNDERSTANDING CASH BOOK
• Understanding layout of cash book/ Preparing bank reconciliation statements
• Posting cash book transactions into ledgers / Petty cash book compared with main cash book
 PREPARATION OF FINAL ACCOUNTS
• Balancing accounts and preparing trial balance to ensure accuracy of double entry system
• Detectable / Non detectable errors
• Statement of Comprehensive Income / The Statement of Financial Position / Non detectable error
• Final accounts with adjustments, the closures of books and transfer of balances to next financial year / Depreciation of fixed assets / amortization of intangible assets
• Dealing with bad / doubtful debts / provisions, etc
 MAINTAINING PROPER ACCOUNTING RECORDS UNDER SELF ASSESSMENT SYSTEM
• Understanding the guidelines (public rulings) issued by the tax authorities in respect of keeping sufficient records
• What constitutes sufficient records a business needs to keep?
• Areas of focus by tax authorities & the supporting documents need to be kept
• Consequences of failing to keep sufficient records
 MAINTAINING EFFECTIVE FILING SYSTEM
• How to organize proper filing system for accounting records?
• What accounts files need to be maintained?
• File coding / indexing procedures?
• Consequences of not keeping proper filing system
 MBRS FILING REQUIREMENT
• Who is required to file?
• Who is are exempted from filing?
• Types of Filing (MFRS, MPERS, Exempt Company)
• Types of Filing Exemptions
• Applicable financial periods
• Flowchart & Steps of Filing process
 STEP BY STEP DETAILED MBRS SUBMISSION GUIDE
• Creation of MBRS template
• How to fill MBRS template:
o Financial Statements
o Key Financial Indicators
• Validation and rectification of errors
• Generation of the XBRL file
• Filing submission of XBRL file to SSM Functions and Features in MBRS Hands on training session with sample screenshots
 TRAINER PROFILE
WINSON HAN CA (M) CA (ANZ) B COM
- Chartered Accountant, Consultant, HRDF Certified Trainer
Winson is a Chartered Accountant by profession and has over 30 years of experience having served in various roles as practicing accountant, company secretary, financial controller and management consultant.
He presently consults and advises companies to better manage their businesses through an integrated process covering strategic planning; tactical design, planning (financial and otherwise) and implementation; and monitoring, review and analysis. A key focus of his consultancy is to help clients to better manage and utilize their cash resources and to restore a financially sickened company to good health.
Besides consulting, Mr. Han is also actively involved in conducting public and in-house seminars targeting the non-financial audience in financial management and analysis, financial planning & budgeting, cost management, SST/GST and credit and cash flow management. He is a PSMB (HRDF) certified trainer and holds a degree in commerce from New Zealand and is a member of the newly merged institute known as “Chartered Accountants Australia and New Zealand” and Malaysian Institute of Accountants.
 ENQUIRY & REGISTRATION
- General (03 - 5888 7357)
- Teo (011 - 3178 9203)
- Logesh (012 - 503 0346)
- Siti (012 - 383 8603)
- Han (019 - 323 0507)