COURSE INTRODUCTION
Accounting serves as a critical function within any business organization, serving as the foundational framework for generating financial reports that empower managers to make well-informed and strategic decisions in their day-to-day business operations.
Consequently, it is imperative that individuals entering the accounting department possess practical and essential accounting skills and knowledge to ensure the efficient and effective execution of their responsibilities.
 COURSE OBJECTIVES
1. Acquiring practical accounting skills and book keeping techniques for applications in the workplace.
2. Improving efficiency in book keeping and accounting business transactions to ensure timeliness and accuracy.
3. Understanding the double entry system and applying it to every business transaction in the workplace.
4. Understanding the systematic procedures & mechanisms for management and control over Internal Funds.
5. Understanding the importance of their respective functions towards timely and accurate preparation of financial statements.
6. Improving understanding and ability to interpret, review and analyze financial statements.
7. Improving interaction within organization through budget preparation and management to help achieve departmental objectives.
 WHO SHOULD ATTEND
• Accounts Clerks
• Accounts Assistants
• Accounts Supervisors
• Office Administrators
• Junior Accounts/Finance Executives
• Non-Financial Executives
• Interactive lectures
• Individual &group activities
• Case studies
 DATE/ TIME/ FEE
Date: 18 - 19 December 2023 (Mon - Tue)
Time: 9.00am – 5.00pm
Venue: Olive Tree Hotel, Bayan Lepas
FEE: [ HRD Corp Claimable ]
- Early Bird Offer (before 29 November 2023) – RM1,680
- Special Offer (before 13 December 2023) – RM1,740
- Normal Fee – RM1,790
>> Fee includes Course Notes, Meals, Certificate of Completion and 6% Government Service Tax
** OFFER **
- 10% Cashback for SST2u Learner Card+ (SLC+) members. T&Cs applied.
HRDCorp Claimable Course:
Trainer MyCoiD: 429594X
Course Scheme: HRDCorp Claimable Course
Course Type: Public
Course Code: 10001358155
 COURSE OUTLINE
INTRODUCTION TO BOOK KEEPING & ACCOUNTING
• Understanding Accounting
• Purpose and Importance of Accounting
• Book Keeping & Analysis
• Business &Accounting Cycle
• Differences between Accounting and Finance
• Users and stakeholders’ needs
• Main elements of financial reports
BASIC ACCOUNTING CONCEPTS
• Substance over form
• Going concern
• Business entity concept
• Accruals Prudence Consistency
DOUBLE ENTRY AND ACCOUNTING SYSTEMS
• Accounting System
• Business Documentations
• Chart of Accounts
• Double Entry and Duality Concept
• Accounting Equation
• 5 Major Groups of Accounts
• Ledger Accounts, Books of Prime Entry and Journals
• Accounting Double Entries for 5 Major Groups of Accounts
• Recording Accounting Entries
THE IMPORTANCE OF BANK RECONCILIATION
• Objectives of Bank Reconciliation
• Format of a Bank Reconciliation Statement
• The Significance of Control Balances
• Mechanics of Bank Reconciliation
PETTY CASH MANAGEMENT
• The need Petty Cash Floats
• How to Set Up A Petty Cash Account
• Internal Controls Surrounding Petty Cash Including Maintaining Appropriate Books of Records and Documents
• Internal Controls Over Handling and Safekeeping of Cash
• Mechanics of Petty Cash Imprest System
EFFECTIVE MECHANISMS FOR RECEIPTS & PAYMENTS CONTROL
• Internal Control Mechanism Over Sales & Receipts
• Ensuring Accuracy of Data for Sales & Receipts
• Dealing with Foreign Currency Receipts
• Internal Control Mechanism Over Payments
• Capturing Data for Payments via Cheques, Direct Debits & Online Transfers
• Use of Computer-Aided Techniques – Pros & Cons (AP System)
• Effective Cash Management for Short Term Investment Opportunities & Minimize Interest Cost
End of Day 1
PREPARING FULL SET OF ACCOUNTS AND TRIAL BALANCE
• Accounting Typical Business Transactions
• Preparation and Closing of Accounts
• Trial Balance
• Adjusting Entries During Closing of Accounts –
• Accounting for Depreciation Charges
• Accounting for Gain or Loss on Disposal of Assets
• Accounting for Bad and Doubtful Debts
• Accounting for Accruals and Prepayments
• Methods to Identify Errors and Omissions
End of Training
 TRAINER PROFILE
- HRD Corp Accredited Trainer, Certified Chartered Accountant
Henry Ooi is a highly accomplished professional with an extensive background in the fields of Accounting and Finance. Presently, he holds the position of a full-time lecturer at Disted College Penang and is also recognized as an accredited trainer by HRD Corp. Henry plays a pivotal role in the development and execution of a diverse array of training programs catering to both local and international clients.
Henry's educational achievements are equally impressive, as he holds a Bachelor's degree in Business, a Master's degree in Business Administration, and the prestigious ACCA professional qualification. As a certified chartered accountant, Henry brings nearly a decade of invaluable industry experience to the educational environment.
His expertise spans across various facets of accounting and finance, with a particular focus on corporate finance, risk management, strategic cost management, financial and management accounting. Henry's previous roles as a senior cost accountant at renowned companies such as Motorola Solutions, QDOS, and Del Global Business Centre have equipped him with a deep understanding of accounting and finance practices within global settings.
Henry made the transition to academia in 2017, bringing with him a wealth of industry knowledge and experience to enrich the learning experience for his students. Undoubtedly, Henry is a seasoned professional who brings a profound depth of knowledge, extensive experience, and an unwavering commitment to excellence to the dynamic world of accounting and finance.
 ENQUIRY AND REGISTRATION
- General (03 - 8604 7270)
- Logesh (012 - 503 0346)
- Siti (012 - 383 8603)
- Teo (011 - 3178 9203)
- Han (019 - 323 0507)