This course examines the many crucial facets Transfer Pricing, Corporate tax & taxation Audits, where the relevant law as well as the procedure necessary to comply with the requirements of the Inland Revenue Board.
This course will also emphasize the Impact of Transfer Pricing & Corporate Tax & Tax Audits on Corporate Businesses in line with the commercial objectives of organizations & multinationals.
The participants will also be guided through the practical steps that should be taken from the start of business, and how to respond should they come under Audit or Investigation.
• Describe Basic Technical Knowledge Of Transfer Pricing And The Significance Of The Arm’s Length Principle
• Identify The Interaction Of Transfer Pricing And Wider Technical Areas Of Tax, Finance, And Accounting To Further Improve General Business Skills
• Recognise And Towards Improved Tax Compliance
• Identify Key Guidance On Corporate Tax Planning
• Obtaining Updates On Tax Deductions (Allowance Vs Non-Allowable Expenses)
• Understanding The Principles In Computation Of Corporate Tax
• Identify Potential Areas Of Dispute, Managing Tax Audits And Tax Investigations, And Resolving Tax Disputes
Interactive lecture, case studies and group discussion. real and current Corporate Tax & Transfer Pricing issues will be analyzed, and scenario solutions will be discussed
 WHO SHOULD ATTEND
• Accounts Executive
• Senior Accounts Executive
• Accounts Assistant
• Internal Audit
• TP documentation preparer
• Companies preparing for M&A, IPO
 DATE/ TIME/ FEE
Date: 2-3 October 2023 (Mon-Tue)
Time: 9.00am - 5.00pm
Venue: CPD Academy, Rio Puchong
[ HRD Corp Claimable ]
- Early Bird Offer (before 13 Sep 2023) – RM 1,440
- Special Offer (before 27 Sep 2023) – RM 1,490
- Normal Fee – RM 1,540
>> Fee includes Course Notes, Meals, Certificate of Completion and 6% Service Tax
** OFFER **
- 10% Cashback for SST2u Learner Card+ (SLC+) members. T&Cs applied.
HRDCorp Claimable Course:
Trainer MyCoiD: 429594X
Course Scheme: HRDCorp Claimable Course
Course Type: Public
 PROGRAM OUTLINE
Registration & Welcome
Module 1 - Transfer Pricing Terminology
• What is Transfer Pricing?
• Material Changes
• Transfer Pricing Adjustment
• Arm’s length principle
• Definition of Related Party & Relative
• What are Associated Enterprises (AEs) / Related Party?
• Comparability, functional and risk analyse.
• Pricing Policies
• Benchmarking analysis
Module 2 - Dealing with IRB
• Common Grounds of Disputes with IRB
• Avoiding disputes
• Challenges faced by taxpayers
Module 3 - Practical Issues on Transfer Pricing
• What are the Main focus areas by IRB in a TP Audit?
• How can I comply with the Transfer Pricing Rules?
• How often should the contemporaneous transfer pricing documentation be updated?
• What is a Transfer Pricing Audit?
• What is Contemporaneous Transfer Pricing Documentation?
• How to demonstrate that intra-group services are conducted on an arm’s length basis?
• Why are intercompany agreements important?
• How to prepare a good TP documentation?
• What are currently the main TP areas of scrutiny by the tax authorities in your country?
Module 4 - TP Documentation Checklist
• Organization structure
• Nature of business or industry & market conditions
• Controlled transactions
• Pricing Policies
• Comparability, functional, assets and risk (FAR) analysis
• The selection of the transfer pricing method
• Methodologies for Transfer Pricing
• Supporting documents in developing the TP analysis
• Index to documents
Module 5 - Case Study (Related Party Transactions)
• Related Party Transactions (RPT) - IT services
• Related Party Transactions (RPT) - Rental
• Related Party Transactions (RPT) - Intragroup financing
End of Day One
Module 6 - Tax Allowable & Deductions
• Allowable expenses
• Non-allowable expenses
• Special Deduction
• Double Deduction
Module 7 - Understanding Tax & Tax Planning
• Income tax computation
• Non allowable deduction
• Special deduction
• Double deduction
• Capital allowance.
• Approved Donation
• Tax rate
• Use financial tools of goal seek & solver to meet management tax planning & cash flow position.
Module 8 - Financial & Accounting Documentations
• General principles of taxability
• General principles of deductibility
• Capital vs Revenue in nature
• Tax treatment on expenditures for Repairs & renewals of assets
• Cost of renovation & refurbishment of business premise) Rule 2020
• Eligible Cost- first schedule
• Role of Bank Statements, Receipts, Bills, Vouchers, Agreements
Module 9 - Discussion on Tax Audit Issues
• If company loan to another company its deemed interest needed? And what rate should we charge
• My company YE 31 Jan. on 31 Jan 2020, we accrue for director fees and staff bonus but due to covid 19, balance of the accrual, can we defer payment to dec 2021 or Jan 2022?
• Director’s loan to company to cover MCO period cash flow problem, require charging interest to the company?
• If I owned a property and I appoint an agent to manage it and pay commission to him. Do I have to declare this commission?
• The company bought medical card for directors & managers. In YA 2018, one of the directors had treatment of heart.
The insurance compensation will not be taxable right? Since it is an added back item.
• We bought PA insurance for our staff. If one of our staff pass away and we claim the insurance company. Is it taxable?
• The company received compensation from government for compulsory acquisition of company business location to cover for the income loss. Is this compensation taxable?
• What if no building being reconstructed?
• How about compensation for burglary in office? Do we need to pay tax for compensation received?
• When LHDN in their desk audit request for creditor ledger & creditor aging report, can I know what are they looking for and for what purpose?
• Is sole proprietor & partnership company entitled to claim RM 300,000 renovation cost?
• The Company rent a land and build a modular container store to increase the storage capacity. can I claim the RM300K?
• Is electrical installation for new incorporate of company qualify as renovation?
• Data Relationships, Income Tax Computations, Related Party Transactions
Module 10 - Issues Raised by Inland Revenue
• Sole proprietor & partnership company had a company trip & do we need to add back the sole proprietor & partnership portion for tax purposes? Is leave passage & company trip different and what about directors all need to add back?
• If staff purchase handphone cost RM3K, company only reimburse RM2K. Is RM2K exempted from tax?
• Working director with controlling interest cannot enjoy the allowance. How do company cover the expenses incurred by him/her for business like handphone, petrol, tolls etc.
• Can employee medical card be charged out as expenses by company?
• Is meal allowance paid to employees for outstation trip exempted? Do we need to include in FORM EA?
• Should we declare all director’s expenses as company expenses without including the amount in the form EA?
• There is no of years director fee remain unpaid in the accrual account. We want to settle in this current year. Will it be any issue when we payout & report in the director current YA (BE)?
• How to treat overprovision of director’s fee in the following year? For example, RM100,000 provided in 2019 but paid RM40,000 in 2020
• Can the company get full deduction when we claim mileage reimbursement?
• Verification of Amount Declared from accounts, records, bank statements, etc.
• Prepare you for the tax audit or tax investigation process
• Gather and evaluate critical feedback End of Training
 TESTIMONIALS FROM PAST PARTICIPANTS
“The best thing I learn from this course is the material shared are all easy to understand. I’ve learnt the systematic ways to compute Corporate tax“
- Executive Tax Accounting, PETROLEUM NATIONAL BHD (PETRONAS) –
“The benefit from this course is the complete coverage of tax area for a new career. Dr Steven Liew shared a lot of references and tips that can be applied to my job“
- Tax Accounting, Group Financial Controller, PETROLEUM NATIONAL BHD (PETRONAS) –
“Very good exposure on taxation and correct ways of computing & the legal ways for tax planning “
- Finance Executive, NOVA SPECTRA SDN BHD –
“What I learnt most from this course is more detail understanding on Tax computation, tax planning, Goal Seek, Transfer Pricing- Arm’s length Principle, benchmarking analysis, avoid dispute with IRB and also functional, assets & risk (FAR) analysis“
- Assistant Finance Manager, STORE & SEND LOGISTICS SDN BHD –
“The best thing I learn from this course is more detail understand- ing on Tax computation, tax planning, Goal Seek, Transfer Pricing- Arm’s length Principle, benchmarking analysis, and also functional, assets & risk (FAR) analysis“
- Accountant, QL MARINE PRODUCTS SDN BHD -
 TRAINER PROFILE
Dr. Steven Liew
Certified HRD Corp Trainer Consultant
Dr Steven Liew is a fellow member of the Chartered Institute of Management Accountants, UK and is a Chartered Accountant by profession. He has an Asia Pacific Executive MBA (for senior executives) from the National University of Singapore and a PhD in international finance with Rushmore University of USA.
Dr Liew had worked in private sector companies, ranging from family-run businesses to professionally manage multi-national corporations in South Asia and the ASEAN region. He has accumulated more than 30 years working experience in senior financial & operational management positions spearheading
the profitability and growth of companies. He has worked for the MBF Finance & its related group of companies over the 10 years’ period.
He is a registered Trainer with the Government Human Resources Development Berhad (Pembangunan Sumber Manusia Berhad) and a GST Tax Consultant.
Dr Steven Liew had conducted various seminars for corporate clientele including Association of Credit Man- agement Malaysia, Chartered Institute of Management Accountants, Malaysia Institute of Management, Malaysia Institute of Accountants, Institute of Bank Bank Malaysia, Nestle, IQPC Worldwide Pte Ltd, Singapore, Lexis Nexis,, Proton Edar Malaysia , Brunei Investment Agency, Small Medium Industries Development Corporation , Ministry of Development, Brunei , BICPA Asean Management, Brunei, Risda Group Of Companies, Sales & Marketing Training Forum, Sri Lanka, Giant Retail Sdn Bhd, Telekom Brunei & Ministry of Foreign Affairs, Malaysia, Sabah Electricity Sdn Bhd, Bank Islam Brunei Darussalam. Conti- nental Tyres, Sime Darby Bhd, Sony Malaysia Sdn Bhd, Perodua Sdn Bhd & Credit Guarantee Corporation (M) Bhd; Fujixerox, UDA Holdings, SPNB, Diners Club, Elk Desa Capital Bhd, Antah Schindler, UCSI & Ministry of Finance; Seccom Sdn Bhd; Bridgestone Chemical Prod- ucts (M) sdn Bhd; Dialog Group Bhd; SEDCO, KK; Hosid- en Electronics (M) Sdn Bhd; STO Maldives; Indah Water Consortium Sdn Bhd; CPA Australia (M) Sdn Bhd.
He is currently providing management consultancy and training specialising in Forecasting, Fast closing monthly, leadership, Strategic Planning, budgeting, accounting, finance, cost reduction, credit management & loan recovery.
 ENQUIRY & REGISTRATION
- General (03 - 8604 7270)
- Teo (011 - 3178 9203)
- Logesh (012 - 503 0346)
- Siti (012 - 383 8603)
- Han (019 - 323 0507)