Supervisors are the back bone of most organizations and companies. This special group of employees provide the inter-phase between the management and the lower level workforce. They are normally responsible for the performance and productivity of their subordinates. Their competency as managers and leaders will surely determine the overall organization performance.
This course helps participants to make the transition from team member to an efficient and respected supervisor. Executive and first-level supervisors and managers will learn the basics of communication, motivation, delegation, and evaluation. These skill areas form the foundation of good interpersonal management development. They also ensure the organization is well supported by a strong & qualified cast of managers and supervisors.
 COURSE OBJECTIVES
Effective supervision is a result of leading, coordinating and directing the workforces to achieve the company’s goals. This needs specific knowledge, skills and attitude.
This program is to realize these requirements. It is highly effective and practical program which will help participants to achieve the following objectives:
• Realize, understand and apply the finer point of supervisory skills
• Develop good leadership skills and qualities
• Enhance communication and interpersonal skills with the management and subordinates
• Improve understanding of individual and group behaviour for better management
• Develop confidence and efficiency in management
• Develop commitment, responsibility and pro-active work behaviour amongst supervisors
 LEARNING OUTCOME
• Accept the need for supervisors or team leaders to develop effective communication skills
• Understand the benefits of effective oral and written communication skills
• Recognise that communication is a two way process
• Apply active listening skills
• Identify barriers to effective communication and causes of misunderstanding
• Write clear letters, memos, forms and instructions
• Demonstrate effective oral briefing skills
• Identify occasions when oral communication is appropriate
• Gather and analyse information for briefing
• Prepare an effective oral briefing
• Encourage feedback
• Demonstrate effective writing skills
• Identify occasions when written communication is appropriate
• Describe the main forms of written communication in the workplace
• Apply the rules of accuracy, brevity and clarity
• Learn how to delegate tasks
• Apply planning and control skills
 WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
• Team leaders
• Those who aspire to be more productive and effective in performing managerial roles
Lecture, case studies, role plays, management games, video clips and group discussion
 DATE, TIME & FEE
Date: 1-2 September 2020 (Tue - Wed)
Time: 9.00am - 5.00pm
Venue: Concorde Hotel, Shah Alam
- Early Bird Offer (before 7 Aug 2020) - RM 990
- Special Offer (before 24 Aug 2020) - RM 1,090
- Normal Fee - RM 1,190
*Fee is inclusive of IAE Certificate Assessment
>> Others: Includes Course Notes, Exercises, Assignments, Certificates, Lunches, Refreshments & 6% Service Tax
(i) 15% overriding discount for SST2u Learner's Card members
 COURSE CONTENT
(I) THE KEY TO PERSONAL POWER - ATTITUDE
• Attitude Development in Life and Work
• Reviewing your Work Habit and Attitude
• Common Disease of Work Attitude which Lead to Low Productivity
• Fundamentals of Positive Work Attitude and Work Culture
• Empowering Attitude Towards Work & Employer
(II) ROLES AND FUNCTIONS OF SUPERVISOR
• The Supervisor’s Role in Management Hierarchy
• The Supervisor’s Transition Dilemma
• Why do Some Supervisor’s fail?
• Supervisory Minority Workers
• Case Studies
(III) PLANNING AND CONTROL
• What is Meant by Planning and Setting Work Plan
• Exercising Control over People and Process
• Implementing Ideas and Plans
• P-D-C-A (Plan, Do, Check, Action) approach for productivity improvement
• Getting the Result that you want
(IV) Recap & Q&As
(V) LEADERSHIP – A NEW PARADIGM
• Leadership – A New Approach
• Leadership Skills that Empowers a Supervisor
• Why People Follow Leaders
• Rediscovering Leadership in You
• Poor Delegation
• Wrong Use of Authority
(VI) COMMUNICATION AND INTERPERSONAL SKILLS
• The Power of Influence
• Why Communication Fails
• Keys of Effective Communication
• Interpersonal Relationship to Improve Work Relation
• Improving Relationships Between Groups
• Indoor Activity
(VII) Recap & Q&As
(VIII) IAE Assessment
 SPEAKER PROFILE
HRDF Certified Trainer
Brian Wee was Head of Human Resources, Internal QMS Auditor and Corporate Trainer of MMC for a holding company of oils refineries in Malaysia. He holds a Master of Business Administration and a Post Graduate Diploma in Business Administration from Heriot Watt University, United Kingdom. He also has a Certificate and a Diploma in Personnel Management. He is a Certified Human Resource Professional (CHRP), an Ordinary Member of Malaysian Institute of Human Resource Management (MIHRM), PSMB Certified Trainer and PSMB Human Resource Consultant. Wee has attended a three days Effective Training Evaluation program by Ms Beverley Jeffreys of Chisholm Institute, Australian National Training Authority (ANTA).
He brings with him more than 15 years of working experience in Human Resource of large manufacturing companies. He is a Resource Training person for Malaysian Institute of Personnel Management (MIPM), Malaysian Institute of Purchasing and Material Management, UBS Commercial Institute, Open University Malaysia, Asia e University and UTM Space Executive Diploma Programs and others.
He started off his career in 1980 as a Senior Officer with the Ministry of Information where stayed for 15 years and gained extensive management experience. Later he moved to a Japanese based company where he was in charge of all spectrums of Human Resource functions. During that time, he acquired some Japanese management skills such as Kaizen, Zero Defect, JIT, Quality Control, Quality Assurance, ISO QMS and EMS Awareness Program and many others. He developed and trained QC, ISO QMS and EMS and productivity related modules for the Wilmar International Group of companies’ employees.
In his present capacity, he develops modules and trains his employees and many organizations. He is also a part time lecturer for academic courses, namely Certificate & Diploma Program for Malaysia institute of Human Resource Management, Supervisory Module for Certificate & Diploma for Malaysian Institute of Purchasing & material Management, Executive Diploma of Human Resource Management for UTM SPACE, Asia e University, Southern College University and Open University Malaysia and Professional Short Course in Mandarin for Human Resource subjects and English Conversation & Communication Skills for User Business School (UBS).
His much in demand programmes are Effective Supervisory Skills, Purchansing & Negotiation Skills, 8D Team Problem Solving Methods, Total Preventive Maintenance, ISO QMS AND EMS Awareness Program, UTM SPACE ISO QMS Modules, Effective QA/QC Inspectors, QC Tools, QCC, Effective Communication and Motivation Program, Excellent Clerical Skills, Excellent Customer Service, Effective Business English Communication Skills, Report Writing Skills, Effective Presentation Skills, Teambuilding Program, Positive Working Attitude, Malaysian Labour Laws and Industrial Relation Laws, Understanding of Employment Act 1955, Handling Misconduct and conducting Domestic Inquiries, Effective Salary Computation and Administration, Handling Problematic & Difficult Employees, Report Writing Skills, Drafting an Employment Contract, Effective Human Resource Management, HR for Non HR Executive / Managers, People Management, Leadership Skills, Balanced Scorecard, Key Performance Indicators and others.
Among some of his training participants and/or consultancy services included Kyocera, Sunpower, TJ Wang Group (Accountancy & Secretarial Services), Lii Hen Group, China Press, White Horse Ceramic, ML Plastics Sdn Bhd, Yee Wan manufacturing, Southern College, Foo Yew High School, MITI, Police Academy (Technical),Champion Precision, JK Sumi Wire, Muar Ban Lee Engineering, Autoveyor, Southern Lion, Seiko Electric, CSC Steel, San Miguel Yamamura Plastic, Ornapaper, Umicore Malaysia, Alloy Consolidated (MTD Group), Panasonic AVC Network, Southern College University, Infineon Technilogies, to name a few.
Mr. Brian Wee had provides HR & Quality and Productivity Consultancy Services to Li Hen Group, a furniture exporter and manufacturer, Omega Printer, Golpar Plastic Injection, Dian Pang Supermarket and others.
 ENQUIRY & REGISTRATION
- General - (03 - 5888 7357)
- Teo (011 - 3178 9203)
- Logesh (012 - 503 0346)
- Siti (012 - 383 8603)
- Han (019 - 323 0507)