Financial statements are key financial summaries of a business entity which are generally prepared for statutory compliance whether it is for tax purposes or a requirement under the Companies Act. These statements together with other reports provide a wealth of information of a company and will enable the users to assess the financial performance and condition of the entity.
Being able to determine the risks whether it is for the purpose of providing credit to a customer, entering into a business venture or extending finance is crucial to a success of a relationship.
 COURSE OBJECTIVES
• To identify and understand the structure and function of financial statements
• To understand the difference between cash flow, profit and net worth
• To use financial data in a Company’s financial statements and notes to evaluate its performance
• To use financial ratios to assess a company’s liquidity, profitability, management efficiency, cash flow and financial structure.
• To use Market Performance Ratios to determine the valuation and performance of a company’s shares.
• To better communicate in financial terms on the working of a company and its operations.
• To read the auditor’s report and evaluate the quality of the financial statements
 TARGETED AUDIENCE
• Business owners / Professionals
• Company directors / Company Secretaries
• Business / finance managers and executives
• Credit managers and executives
• Accounting personnel
• Anyone who has a need to evaluate the performance / position of a company
 DATE, TIME, FEE
Date : 10-11 August 2020 (Mon - Tue)
Time : 9.00am - 1.00pm
- Early Bird Offer (before 15 Jul 2020) - RM 420
- Special Offer (before 30 Jul 2020) - RM 470
- Normal Fee - RM 520
- Fee includes Course Notes, Certificate of Completion & 6% Government Service Tax
** DISCOUNT ** - 15% discount for SST2u Learner Card Members
 COURSE OUTLINE
Structure and Contents of financial statements
• Income Statement – the 4 profit lines / impact of non-core revenue
• Balance Sheet – classification of assets and liabilities
• Cash Flow Statement – generation & usage of cash flow
• Notes to the Financial Statements – window into details
Evaluating financial performance
• Value creation and Profitability
• Quality of Earnings
• Environment, product life cycle and corporate strategies
Evaluating Financial Position & Cash Flow
• Working capital & it’s quality
• Liquidity and Solvency
• Usage of resources and its efficiency
• Cash flow generation and adequacy
• Operating, Investing & Financing activities
Determining Business Valuation
• Value creation and P/E Ratio
• Earnings and Dividend Yield
• Asset valuation and NTA
The Auditor’s Report
• Scope and responsibilities of auditor
• Understanding the critical parts of the Auditor’s Report
 SPEAKER PROFILE
CA (M) CA (ANZ) B COM
- Chartered Accountant, Consultant, HRDF Certified Trainer
Winson is a Chartered Accountant by profession and has over 30 years of experience having served in various roles as practicing accountant, company secretary, financial controller and management consultant.
He presently consults and advises companies to better manage their businesses through an integrated process covering strategic planning; tactical design, planning (financial and otherwise) and implementation; and monitoring, review and analysis. A key focus of his consultancy is to help clients to better manage and utilize their cash resources and to restore a financially sickened company to good health.
Besides consulting, Mr. Han is also actively involved in conducting public and in-house seminars targeting the non-financial audience in financial management and analysis, financial planning & budgeting, cost management, SST/GST and credit and cash flow management. He is a PSMB (HRDF) certified trainer and holds a degree in commerce from New Zealand and is a member of the newly merged institute known as “Chartered Accountants Australia and New Zealand” and
Malaysian Institute of Accountants.
 REGISTRATION & ENQUIRY
Teo (011 - 3178 9203)
Logesh (012 - 503 0346)
Siti (012 - 383 8603)
Han (019 - 323 0507)