Payroll preparation is one of the many important administrative functions of an organization. To carry out such a function effectively and efficiently, the personnel involved must acquire a thorough understanding of many of the associated issues in The Employment Act 1955 such as definition of wages, working hours, overtime calculation, statutory deduction etc in order to comply with the Act. In addition, the personnel involved must also understand the necessary deduction under the EPF & SOCSO legislations as well as The Income Tax Act 1967.
An efficient Compensation and Benefits management system is necessary for every company to compensating employees and at the same time to attract, motivate and retain high performing employees. Similarly, the compensation system should be balanced between internal equity and external competitive packages such that the employees' collective effort and high performance can be translated to the success and growth of the company.
This IAAP Certificate is ideal for those responsible for handling payroll processing & employee remuneration scheme, and those who aspire to venture into HR sphere.
Lecture, Interaction, Case Studies, Hands-on Exercises and Group Discussion.
[III] WHO SHOULD ATTEND
• HR Managers, HR Executives
• Finance Managers
• Administrators, Account Executives
• Payroll/Accounts Executives
• Those responsible for formulating Compensation & Benefits
• Those interested to venture into HR Domains
[IV] DATE, TIME & FEE
DATE: 15-18 June 2020 (Mon - Thu)
TIME: 8.45am - 12:45pm
FEE: Special Offer (before 29 May 2020) - RM 900
Normal Fee - RM 1000
>> *Fee is inclusive of IAAP Certificate Examinations
Others: Includes Course Notes, Exercises, Assignments, Certificates, Transcript & 6% Service Tax
(i) SST2u Loyalty Card Member - overriding 15%
[V] COURSE OUTLINE
Compliance to The Employment Act 1955
• Categories of employees covered by the Act
• The definition of Wages
• The definition of Normal Hours of Work
• The definition of overtime
• Maximum hours of overtime permitted
• Definition of Ordinary Rate of Pay (ORP) and Hourly Rate of Pay (HRP)
Annual Leave Entitlement
• Computation of annual leave entitlement
• Computation of accrued & Pro rata leaves
Other Types of Leave & Payment
• Non paid Leave
• Emergency Leave
• Absent without pay
• Maternity payment
• Termination Payment
• Unutilized Maternity Benefit
• Others, if any
Sick Leave Entitlement
• Computation/Recording of Sick Leave
• Sick leave/Hospitalization permitted per year
Calculation of Rate of Pay
• Calculation of rate of pay for monthly, weekly, daily or piece rated employees
• Calculation of salaries for an incomplete month’s service
• Calculation of hourly rate of pay
Calculation of Overtime
• Calculation of rate payable after normal working hours during a normal working day
• Calculation for work done on a rest day/public holiday
• Work performed before the normal hours of work
Compliance to EPF, SOCSO Act & EIS
• Statutory Contribution of EPF, SOCSO & EIS
• Latest changes
Understanding of PCB (Potongan Cukai Berjadual)
• Mechanism and Framework
• Categories of employee subject to PCB
• Different types of prescribed form (e.g. TP, CP etc.)
• Allowable deduction & rebates
Questions and Answers
Importance of Compensation Policy & Procedure in the Organization
• Linking reward strategy with the business
• Compensation Strategy
• Compensation Reward Framework
• Components of compensation package
• Total reward system
• Why Offer Employee Benefits?
Implementing The Salary Policy
• How to deal with over- and under-pay situations
• How to age the salary data annually
Planning Compensation Survey - Purpose, Techniques, Types, Market Practices and Result Compilation
• Types of Data
• Use and Sources of Survey Data
• Pay systems & strategy
• Basic Salary Vs. Incentive Mix
Strategies to be Adopted by Employers to Minimize the Impact
• Increase productivity or managing employment costs
• Cut costs by reducing the number of employees
• Retrain employees for high value producing jobs
• linking salary to Performance Appraisal & how to link salary increment, bonus and rewards to PAS
• Other productivity improvement initiatives
• Other initiatives
Questions and Answers
[VI] SPEAKER PROFILE
HRDF Certified Trainer
Brian Wee was Head of Human Resources, Internal QMS Auditor and Corporate Trainer of MMC for a holding company of oils refineries in Malaysia. He holds a Master of Business Administration and a Post Graduate Diploma in Business Administration from Heriot Watt University, United Kingdom. He also has a Certificate and a Diploma in Personnel Management. He is a Certified Human Resource Professional (CHRP), an Ordinary Member of Malaysian Institute of Human Resource Management (MIHRM), PSMB Certified Trainer and PSMB Human Resource Consultant. Wee has attended a three days Effective Training Evaluation program by Ms Beverley Jeffreys of Chisholm Institute, Australian National Training Authority (ANTA).
He brings with him more than 15 years of working experience in Human Resource of large manufacturing companies. He is a Resource Training person for Malaysian Institute of Personnel Management (MIPM), Malaysian Institute of Purchasing and Material Management, UBS Commercial Institute, Open University Malaysia, Asia e University and UTM Space Executive Diploma Programs and others.
He started off his career in 1980 as a Senior Officer with the Ministry of Information where stayed for 15 years and gained extensive management experience. Later he moved to a Japanese based company where he was in charge of all spectrums of Human Resource functions. During that time, he acquired some Japanese management skills such as Kaizen, Zero Defect, JIT, Quality Control, Quality Assurance, ISO QMS and EMS Awareness Program and many others. He developed and trained QC, ISO QMS and EMS and productivity related modules for the Wilmar International Group of companies’ employees.
In his present capacity, he develops modules and trains his employees and many organizations. He is also a part time lecturer for academic courses, namely Certificate & Diploma Program for Malaysia institute of Human Resource Management, Supervisory Module for Certificate & Diploma for Malaysian Institute of Purchasing & material Management, Executive Diploma of Human Resource Management for UTM SPACE, Asia e University, Southern College University and Open University Malaysia and Professional Short Course in Mandarin for Human Resource subjects and English Conversation & Communication Skills for User Business School (UBS).
His much in demand programmes are Effective Supervisory Skills, Purchansing & Negotiation Skills, 8D Team Problem Solving Methods, Total Preventive Maintenance, ISO QMS AND EMS Awareness Program, UTM SPACE ISO QMS Modules, Effective QA/QC Inspectors, QC Tools, QCC, Effective Communication and Motivation Program, Excellent Clerical Skills, Excellent Customer Service, Effective Business English Communication Skills, Report Writing Skills, Effective Presentation Skills, Teambuilding Program, Positive Working Attitude, Malaysian Labour Laws and Industrial Relation Laws, Understanding of Employment Act 1955, Handling Misconduct and conducting Domestic Inquiries, Effective Salary Computation and Administration, Handling Problematic & Difficult Employees, Report Writing Skills, Drafting an Employment Contract, Effective Human Resource Management, HR for Non HR Executive / Managers, People Management, Leadership Skills, Balanced Scorecard, Key Performance Indicators and others.
Among some of his training participants and/or consultancy services included Kyocera, Sunpower, TJ Wang Group (Accountancy & Secretarial Services), Lii Hen Group, China Press, White Horse Ceramic, ML Plastics Sdn Bhd, Yee Wan manufacturing, Southern College, Foo Yew High School, MITI, Police Academy (Technical),Champion Precision, JK Sumi Wire, Muar Ban Lee Engineering, Autoveyor, Southern Lion, Seiko Electric, CSC Steel, San Miguel Yamamura Plastic, Ornapaper, Umicore Malaysia, Alloy Consolidated (MTD Group), Panasonic AVC Network, Southern College University, Infineon Technilogies, to name a few.
Mr. Brian Wee had provides HR & Quality and Productivity Consultancy Services to Li Hen Group, a furniture exporter and manufacturer, Omega Printer, Golpar Plastic Injection, Dian Pang Supermarket and others.
[VII] ENQUIRY & REGISTRATION
General (03 - 8082 3357)
Teo (011 - 3178 9203)
Logesh (012 - 503 0346)
Siti (012 - 383 8603)
Han (019 - 323 0507)