The COVID-19 pandemic has brought about a devastating effect on the economy with serious disruption to both supply and demand, and in particular supply chains. Businesses and workers are at risk of losing incomes as confidence in the economy plummets from the economic fallouts. Businesses can no longer afford to go about as “business as usual” as revenue has been falling since the beginning of the year and most so with the pandemic. SMEs that employed 68% of the labour force will face imminent closure. To survive the pandemic, owners and management of still “viable” businesses must act fast as not to become another casualty of the pandemic. This should include a comprehensive analysis of the situation; formulating measures and culminating into a plan to be executed in a timely manner.
This program will give participants a quick and comprehensive understanding of the situation at hand, the key issues and available assistance (if any).
Participant will also learn the critical skills in identifying the issues and areas, key cash flow drivers; preparing a business continuity plan and apply such skills and methodologies to do proper planning and effective management of cash resources to survive the financial crisis brought about by the pandemic.
By the end of this program, participants will be able to: -
• Know and understand the issues and impact of the pandemic on the economy, supply chain, business and employment,
• Learn to use cash flow as a key strategy to survive the financial crisis
• Know and understand the critical areas to focus and to craft appropriate strategies to response to the challenge.
• Learn to identify the key drivers of cash flow and use them to create cash flow; and/or to eliminate or reduce cash outflow.
• Learn to set up the relevant financial lever (driver) and use them to stimulate the various scenarios to determine the impact on the overall cash flow
• Learn the skills and methodologies to plan and project cash flow through the preparation of a Business Continuity Plan comprising the Master Cash Budget and the relevant supporting budgets.
(C) TARGETED GROUP
• Accountants, Accounts Executives and Personnel
• Business and Operations Managers and Executives
• Business Owners / Company Directors
• Entrepreneurs and Professionals
• Anyone who is responsible for and/ or involved in managing cash and cash flow
(D) DATE & VENUE
Date: 25 Jun 2020 (Thu)
Time: 9AM - 5PM
Venue: Eastin' Hotel, Penang
Early Bird Offer (before 25 May 2020) - RM500
Special Offer (before 11 Jun 2020) - RM 580
Normal Fee - RM 660
- Fee includes course Notes, Lunch, Refreshments/ Tea Breaks, Certificate of Attendance & 6% Government Service Tax, 8 hours CPD
** DISCOUNT **
- SST2u Loyalty Card member - 15% discount
(F) COURSE CONTENTS
01: Overview of COVID-19 Pandemic and MCO
• Impacts on economy, business and employment
• Economic forecast and surveys
• Pertinent Issues and Questions at hand
02: Economic Stimulus and Financial Assistance
• 1st Stimulus package – February 2020
• BNM Financial Assistance
• 2nd Stimulus Package (Prihatin)
03: Understanding Working Capital and Cash Flow
• Working Capital and Liquidity
• Funding Gap & Business Activity Cycle
• Managing Inventory, Accounts Receivable and Payable
• Role of Credit Control in Cash flow
04: Assessing the Viability of the Business
• Business Nature and Model
• Organization Structure
• Integrity of Supply Chain
• Sources of funding – Internal & External
• Cost Structure
05: Cash Flow Planning, Projection & Preparation
• An overview of budgeting
• Situational Analysis
• Validating Assumptions
• Forecasting Cash Inflow and Cash Outflow
• Doing up the Master Budget and supporting budgets
(A comprehensive exercise on constructing the key and supporting budgets)
06: Managing Cash Flow Crisis and Turnaround
• Understanding Cost and Cash Outflow.
• Increasing the Inflow and Reducing the Outflows
• Identifying and using the key cash flow levers (drivers)
(A simulation exercise on the use of key levers to create various scenarios)
(G) SPEAKER PROFILE
Chartered Accountant, Consultant, HRDF Certified Trainer
CA (M) CA (ANZ) B COM
Winson is a Chartered Accountant by profession and has over 30 years of experience having served in various roles as practicing accountant, company secretary, financial controller and management consultant.
He presently consults and advises companies to better manage their businesses through an integrated process covering strategic planning; tactical design, planning (financial and otherwise) and implementation; and monitoring, review and analysis. A key focus of his consultancy is to help clients to better manage and utilize their cash resources and to restore a financially sickened company to good health.
Besides consulting, Mr. Han is also actively involved in conducting public and in-house seminars targeting the non-financial audience in financial management and analysis, financial planning & budgeting, cost management, SST/GST and credit and cash flow management. He is a PSMB (HRDF) certified trainer and holds a degree in commerce from New Zealand and is a member of the newly merged institute known as “Chartered Accountants Australia and New Zealand” and Malaysian Institute of Accountants.
(H) REGISTRATION & ENQUIRY
General (03 - 8082 3357)
Teo (011 - 3178 9203)
Logesh (012 - 503 0346)
Siti (012 - 383 8603)
Han (019 - 323 0507)