Not all business owners are trained in accounting, and some have difficulty understating the financial statements when their accountants’ hand them the reports. The same might apply for business plan and feasibility study.
But often they are confronted with numerous major decisions to commit their money to secure a major purchase or to launch a new project. Without a sound ability to evalu- ate, they might have problem to gauge the cashflow, and hence convince a banker.
In this course, the trainer demonstrates the accounting tools used to prioritize purchases or investments using various known financial tools. Special attention is also paid to explaining financial liquidity, solvency, gearing, leveraging & others.
 LEARNING OBJECTIVES
• Be objective to decide the right time for making investment
• Analyze major purchase decision involving prediction & estimates
• Concentrate on those with least risk, but combined with greatest potential
• Use financial analysis tools to determine whether project makes sense • Wise to consider costs under all reasonable alternatives
• Formal way to evaluate costs or benefits that a major purchase/project
• Planning to take out a loan, a good way to compare options is to do a
NPV analysis of cash flow
• May need to undertake a fairly detailed financial analysis
• Questions and Answers
• Case Exercises and Studies
• Case Illustrations on Sampled Models • Presentation Notes
 WHO SHOULD ATTEND
• Credit Officer
• Financial Controller
• General Manager
• CFO, COO, CEO
 DATE/ TIME/ FEE
Date: 14 April 2023 (Fri)
Time: 8.30am – 4.30pm***
Mode: Online/ Interactive
: [HRDF Claimable]
- Early Bird Offer (before 24 Mac 2023) – RM660
- Special Offer (before 8 Apr 2023) – RM720
- Normal Price – RM780
- 2 Pax - Discount 10%
- 3 Pax - Discount 15%
- 4 Pax - Discount 20%
* Revised Timetable during Ramadan. ** Over 7 hours learning (fulfil HRD Corp’s Requirement)
>> Fee includes Course Notes, Certificate of Completion and 6% Service Tax.
** OFFER **
- 10% Cashback for SST2u Learner Card+ (SLC+) members. T&Cs applied.
 COURSE OUTLINE
8.15am – 8.30am Registration
8.30am – 9.30am 1.0 Deciding to Make A Major Purchase
• What is a major purchase?
• Deciding between competing projects • Projects without a financial payoff
• Steps to making your decision
• What are the business benefits?
• Revenues & costs
• Less tangible benefits
• Decide of project details
9.30am – 10.15am 2.0 What Are The Costs of A Project?
• Identify all procurement alternatives
• Identify hidden costs
• Develop a cash flow statement
10.15am – 10.25am Morning Tea Break
10.25am – 11.15am 3.0 Financial Analysis of Major Projects
• Payback Period Analysis (“PPA”)
• Accounting Rate of Return (“ARR”)
• Net Present Value (“NPV”)
• Internal Rate of Return (“IRR”)
• Which method is best?
11.15am – 12.00pm 4.0 Time Value of Money
• Future value
• Present value
• Net present value
• Internal rate of return
• Read the table
• Case Study: Purchasing a Condominium
• Case Study: Wealth Accumulation
12.00pm – 12.40pm Lunch Break
12.40pm – 1.25pm 5.0 Implementing A Major Purchase or Project
• Should buy or lease?
• Tips for financing major purchase
• Compare NPV of loan payments
• Negotiate payment schedule
1.25pm – 2.10pm 6.0 Preparation of A Detailed Financial Analysis
• Financial Statements
• Business Ratio
• Cost/ Volume/ Profit Analysis
• Income Statement
• Balance Sheet
• Position Statement
• Statement of Changes in Owners’ Equity
• Common Size Financial Statement
2.10pm – 2.20pm Afternoon Tea Break
2.20pm – 3.10pm 7.0 Limitation of A Financial Statement
• Balance sheet
• Fixed Assets
• Using Balance Sheet Data
• Using Income Statement Data
3.10pm – 4.15pm 8.0 Example - Glove Manufacturers
4.15pm – 4.30pm Recap, Questions and Answers
 TRAINER PROFILE
HRDF Certified Trainer
Consultant/ Experienced Ex-Banker
Agee Lee has more than 22 years of experience in the commercial banking in Malaysia and has worked in Malayan Banking Berhad and seconded to Kwong Yik Bank Berhad in 1980 to set up a Legal Documentation Department.
He started as a trainee officer moving up to Branch Manager, Loan Manager managing Corporate and Commercial Loans and finally as Head of Loan Recovery Division bringing down NPLs to RM65m from RM800m. He also worked in a property development company, then constructing a condominium and Nilai 3, for 2 years, and involved in a manufacturing company before working for 2 years in a construction company, executing federal contracts on roads, schools and colleges, in Kota Kinabalu, Sabah.
Besides marketing and approving the commercial loans, he was instrumental in setting up the Loan Recovery Section supervising about RM1.9b NPLs and was involved in structuring loans and lecturing modules on debt collecting and legal documentation on securities for 13 years. His last appointment was with Hong Leong Bank Berhad in 2003/4 as Head of Remedial Management Department.
Agee Lee holds Honours Degree in Economics (major in Business Administration) from Universiti Malaya, Associate of Institute of Bankers (London), Diploma in Marketing Manage- ment (NPC) and Certificate in Financial Planning (MII).
He is now a Training Consultant for IBBM, MIA and Banks in Malaysia, Singapore and Vietnam. Currently he has been giving talks on practical topics that will boost skills and confidence of participants.
 ENQUIRY & REGISTRATION
- General (03 - 5888 7357)
- Teo (011 - 3178 9203)
- Logesh (012 - 503 0346)
- Siti (012 - 383 8603)
- Han (019 - 323 0507)