With business intelligence and Big Data become more familiar, businesses need more people to be proficient in manipulating data.
One of the most popular methods is to use SQL (Structured Query Language). It allows us to interact with databases that store data with ease. It is no wonder SQL is now considered by many job portals as one of the most in-demand skills.
This course will teach you how to use the SQL language within Microsoft SQL Server, one of the most popular database engines in the world.
 COURSE OBJECTIVES
Participants will get a working knowledge of SQL to build queries for data mining and extended reporting
- Guided & interactive learning
- Carefully designed Hands-on Exercises and Assignments
Bring own laptops and power. Free SQL Express will be installed & dataset will be loaded prior to training
 WHO SHOULD ATTEND
- Anyone who works with data, tables, or databases
- Those who use Microsoft databases in works and want to do much more
- Those who work in marketing, finance, accounting, operations, sales, manufacturing, healthcare, financial services, or any other industry/function that collects information
- Those who want to learn new skills or upskill themselves
 DATE, TIME & FEE
DATE: 6 December 2022 (Tue)
TIME: 9.00am - 5.00pm
VENUE: Damansara Intan
CPD: 4 Hours
: [ HRD Corp Claimable ]
- Special Offer (before 28 Nov 2022) – RM 520
- Normal Price – RM 580
>> Fee includes Course Notes, Lunch, Refreshments & Certificate of Completion and 6% Service Tax
** OFFER **
- 10% Cashback for SST2u Learner Card+ (SLC+) members. T&Cs applied.
 COURSE SCOPE
1.0 What is SQL (Structured Query Language)
2.0 Why do Business Applications use SQL
3.0 Comparing MS SQL vs. MySQL vs SQL Express
4.0 Learning Data Dictionaries and why making reference to them
5.0 Learning Tables, Fields, Field Types and Field Conditions
6.0 Learning SQL Key Words
- Hands-on training to extract data
7.0 Learning SQL Management Studio (SSMS)
8.0 Database Tasks that can be performed with SSMS
9.0 Query Windows vs Results Windows
10.0 Exporting, Modifying and Sharing of Queries
11.0 Twenty (“20”) Hands-on Exercises
- Illustration of popular SQL key words
12.0 Five (“5”) Hands-on Exercises on SQL
- Exercises for Attendees
- Twenty (“20”) Multiple Choice Questions
13.0 Questions & Answers
 TRAINER PROFILE
Excel & Tableau Expert, Author, Chartered Accountant
HRDF Certified Trainer
N. Selvam is a Member of the Malaysian Institute of Accountants (MIA), Chartered Institute of Managements (CIMA), Chartered Global Management Accountant.
(CGMA) and a Certified Software Consultant. He runs a software consulting firm for over 30 years.
When Malaysia implemented GST, he was an authority on analysing the GST Audit File (GAF) using Excel. He conducted over 300 hands-on training session for MIA, CIMA, Customs and many big corporations.
He lectured for more than 6 years in a local university on Computerized Accounting and wrote 5 Users Guides. In 2019, he was given TTT exemptions by HRDF. In 2020, he published two books on “Data Visualization with Tableau for Beginners” and he is now working on Volume 3.
[10.0] ENQUIRY & REGISTRATION
- Teo (011 - 3178 9203)
- Logesh (012 - 503 0346)
- Siti (012 - 383 8603)
- Han (019 - 323 0507)