This training brings up-to-date some key regulations and emerging trends when operating a business in Malaysia. All of them are important in different ways. Real life stories and case studies are provided.
Upon completion of this course, participants will be able to:
1. Recognize the importance and benefits of upholding high professional conduct and compliance standard
2. Perform custom/ counterparty due diligence promptly to assess the risk of conducting business with the client
3. Recognize suspicious & illegal transactions as defined by AMLA, PDPA and Anti-Corruption & Bribery laws and regulations
4. Realise the consequences for failing to comply with or address them
 WHO SHOULD ATTEND
- Business Owners, Directors
- CEO, General Manager, CXOs
- Department Heads
- Project Manager, Sales & Marketing Manager
- Customer Service, Sales Executives
Lecture, Case Studies and Discussion/ Interaction.
 DATE/ TIME/ MODE/ FEE
- Date: 26 October 2022 (Wed)
- Time: 9.00am – 5.00pm
- Mode: Online/ Interactive
: [HRD Corp Claimable]
- Early Bird Offer (before 7 Oct 2022) – RM590
- Special Offer (before 21 Oct 2022) – RM640
- Normal Pricing – RM690
>> Fee includes Course Notes, Certificate of Completion and 6% Service Tax.
** OFFER **
- 10% Cashback for SST2u Learner Card+ (SLC+) members. T&Cs applied.
 COURSE OUTLINE
9.00am  Anti-Money Laundering And Anti-Terrorism Financing (AML/CFT)
- The story of Frank Abagnale Jr
- APG Yearly Typologies Report and Bank Negara report on Malaysia’s AMLA status
- Historical development
- Overview of Malaysia’s AML/CFT Regime
- Anti-Money Laundering’s Cycle, Common Methods, Techniques
- Common red flags on suspicious transactions
- Case Studies
10.15am Morning Break
10.30am  AML/CFT‘s - Know Your Client And Compliance
- Know Your Client (KYC) Approach
- Customer Filtering Method
- Litmus test on whether to establish a business relationship
- Complying with AML/CFT requirements
- The consequences for non-compliance
12.00pm  Recent Development/Update on AML/CFT
- Recent Development/Update on AML/CFT
- Case Studies: 1MDB, HSBC, Standard Chartered etc.
12.30pm Lunch Break
1.30pm  The Personal Data Act 2010
- Personal Data Act, Personal Data and Commercial Transaction
- Seven Principles of Data Protection
- Personal Data vs Personal Sensitive Data
2.20pm  Personal Data Act 2010‘s Legal Matters and Case Study
- PDPA’s Personal Data Handlings-Consent, Notice, Access and Retention
- Offenses, Liability & Penalties
- Case Studies
- How to comply with the PDPA when dealing with customer’s referral or ‘cold market’
3.10pm Afternoon Break
3.30pm  Cyber-Security’s Threats & Impacts
- Internet Safety and Security Awareness
- Cyber Threats and the Attackers
- Threat's impacts
- Protect information and privacy (Malware, Email, Whatapps, Public Wifi, Cloud, Physical Security etc.)
4.20pm  Integrity & Code of Ethics
- Key to a person (life and career) and corporate success
- What we can learn from Warren Buffet, Inamori Kazuo, Zack Ma, Robert Kwok etc.
- Case Studies
 TRAINER PROFILE
YONG CHU EU
HRDF Certified Trainer, SIDC Authorized Trainer, Senior Licensed Financial Planner
Founder, Principal, MFPC Shariah RFP, CPD/CPE, HRDF Certified Corporate Trainer of Money & Life. Financial Book Author, Licensed Financial Planner, Local Media Guest.
Yong conducts Continue Professional Development (SIDC CPE, FiMM CPD, AICB CPD & Asian Banking School) training programs, in topics as diverse as Financial Stress, Financial Planning, Capital Market, Global Trends, Market Outlook, Cyber-Security, Shariah, FinTech, AMLA etc. for
- Financial Practitioner/ Profession (CMSRL/ERP CPE & FAR Credits)
- Corporate Culture & Motivation Training Courses (Happy Company Value, Management & Motivation) for Corporation (SME/SMI/MNC)
- HRDF Claimable trainings
His corporate clients include UOB Bank, Standard Chartered Bank, AM Bank, Public Bank, CIMB Bank, RHB Bank, MYS Capital, Pheim Asset Management, UOB Asset Management, Opus Asset Management, Hong Leong Bank, MIDF, Alliance Bank, Hong Leong Bank etc.
He was the FPAM/KMDC Excellent Award Winner of “CFP Module 3: Tax Planning” in 2009. In the year 2017, he obtained his “Shariah Registered Financial Planning” certification and “MFPC Certified Shariah RFP Trainer" under MFPC & CMDF Educational Scholarship Programme.
He helmed the Publicity & Public Relations for FPAM Penang Chapter Committee (2017/2019 and 2019/2021)
He is columnist for The Busy Weekly and Smart Investor Monthly Magazine. He also appeared in MFPC’s 1st Finance Magazine and MFPCJWMFP Journals, Money Compass, The Edge Malaysia-Personal Wealth, Focus Malaysia, Sin Chew Newspaper, The Edge Property, KC Lau’s Webinar and Melody FM (a local radio channel in Malaysia) to share his view on financial planning topics.
Prior to joining the financial planning industry, he worked with a few MNCs in the IT field for almost a decade. He held a M.Sc in Computing Engineering (UPM) and B.Sc in Computer Science (UPM). He was "Dean List" students in his degree study and a National Science Fellowship's Scholar.
 REGISTRATION & ENQUIRY
- General (03 - 5888 7357)
- Teo (011 - 3178 9203)
- Logesh (012 - 503 0346)
- Siti (012 - 383 8603)
- Han (019 - 323 0507)