The SWOT analysis is a simple, but effective tool in the strategic planning of your business or even your career. It helps every
practitioners of this simplistic tool to check on its internal environment by gauging on its strengths and weaknesses, as well as
to explore the external environment by grapping the opportunities and overcoming the threats. Unfortunately, most business owners
always underestimate the importance of SWOT analysis by refusing to listen and accept the outcomes of this analysis.
Though you start with the brainstorming, and move to the next level of SWOT analysis and then-after try to complement the Balanced
Scorecards, Porter Five-Forces, PESTEL and others. With SWOT analysis, it nevertheless lead the ways to form the balanced scorecards, PEST and others in which any business owners can use them to strategically plan their businesses. But the balanced scorecards & others, though a bit sophisticated when compared to SWOT matrix, is also simple to adopt and adapt in most real-lived situations. Again, you do not need some experts to help you at all.
(B) Course Objective
• Appreciate a simple but effective SWOT Model and Balanced Scorecard;
• Formulate a strategy of a business by using a SWOT analysis;
• Show a simple way of creating a SWOT matrix;
• Aware of the internal & external environmental factors that affect a business or a company;
• Learn all the usefulness, benefits, pros and cons as well as the advantages and disadvantages of a SWOT analysis;
• Apply a SWOT table to summarize findings and then-after write and present a good SWOT report;
• Work-out a Case Exercise on SWOT analysis on any company chosen by the participants;
• Introduce the concepts of a Balanced Scorecards to set up KPIs, Vision and Mission;
• Show how a PLC used the Balanced Scorecards to fit it’s KPIs, Vision & Mission;
• Work out a Case Exercise on Balanced Scorecards of a firm
• Compare this Case Exercise on Balanced Scorecard with a CASE STUDY
• Formulate strategies of a business by using PEST, Porter's Five Forces and Force Field Analysis;
• Do more Case Exercises on these strategic business planning tools
(C) Who Should Attend
Credit Officers, Executives, Senior Executives, Managers, Accountants, Financial Controllers, General Managers, Businessmen, CFO, COO, CEO, and Directors
Date： 12-13 March 2020 (Thu-Fri)
Time： 9AM - 5PM
Venue： Hilton Hotel, Kuching
Early Bird (before 12 Feb 2020) - RM950
Special Offer (before 28 Feb 2020) - RM1050
Normal Fee - RM1150
* Fee includes course Notes, Lunch, Refreshments/ Tea Breaks, * Certificate of Attendance & 6% Government Service Tax
(i) 10% Overriding Discount for SST2u Loyalty Card members
(F) Course Features
1) INTRODUCTION ON SWOT ANALYSIS
• Internal & External Environment
2) USE SWOT TO FORMULATE STRATEGY
• FIVE FORCES
• BALANCED SCORECARDS
3) CHECK ON INTERNAL & EXTERNAL FACTORS
• Operational Efficiency
• Marketability & Innovation
• Economic Factors
• SWOT Analysis
4) ENVIRONMENTAL FACTORS AFFECTING BUSINESS
• Economic & Geography
5) INTERNAL FACTORS AFFECTING A COMPANY
6) EXTERNAL FACTORS AFFECTING A BUSINESS
7) CHECK ON AN INTERNAL COMPANY ANALYSIS
• Source & Content
• Core Competencies
• Customer Relationship Management
• Competitive Advantage
8) SHOW USEFULNESS OF SWOT ANALYSIS
• Decision Making
• Understanding Competition
• Positive Recognition
10) AWARE BENEFITS OF SWOT ANALYSIS
• Pros & Cons of SWOT
• Different Types of SWOT
• Strategic Management SWOT
• Application of SWOT Analysis
• Write a SWOT Analysis Report
11) PRESENT A SWOT ANALYSIS
• Examples of SWOT Analysis
• Let's Do a CASE EXERCISE ON SWOT ANALYSIS
12) RECAP OF SWOT ANALYSIS
• Identifying & developing options
• Brainstorming process
• A SWOT analysis
13) BALANCED SCORECARDS
• Selecting KPI, Vision & Mission
• What are KRIs?
• What are Performance Indicators?
• What are KPIs?
• What are the Four Important Perspectives?
• What is Cascading?
• What are Values?
• What is Strategy Mapping?
• What is a Holistic Approach?
• What is a SWOT analysis?
• What are the Goals?
• What are Strategy Prioritization & Selection?
• What are the Strategies?
• What are the Strategic Developments?
• What are the Structure Trees of Initiative?
• What is the Future Plan?
• What are the Key Performance Indicators?
• CASE STUDY ON PLC
• ACTUAL CASE STUDY ON A FIRM
14) PEST ANALYSIS
• Political, Economic, Socio-Cultural & Technological
15) A COMPANY PESTEL ANALYSIS
• History & Use
• Political, Economic, Social, Technological, Environmental & Legal Factors
16) PORTER FIVE FORCES
• Barriers to Entry
• Bargaining Power of Suppliers
• Bargaining Power of Buyers
• Threat of Substitutes
• CASE STUDY ON BUYING A FARM
17) FORCE FIELD ANALYSIS
• Advantages & Disadvantages
• CASE STUDY ON UPGRADE FACTORY
(G) About Speaker
- CONSULTANT/ EXPERIENCED EX-BANKER
Agee Lee has more than 22 years of experience in the commercial banking in Malaysia and has worked in Malayan Banking Berhad and seconded to Kwong Yik Bank Berhad in 1980 to set up a Legal Documentation Department.
He started as a trainee officer moving up to Branch Manager, Loan Manager managing Corporate and Commercial Loans and finally as Head of Loan Recovery Division bringing down NPLs to RM65m from RM800m. He also worked in a property development company, then constructing a condominium and Nilai 3, for 2 years, and involved in a manufacturing company before working for 2 years in a construction company, executing federal contracts on roads, schools and colleges, in Kota Kinabalu, Sabah.
Besides marketing and approving the commercial loans, he was instrumental in setting up the Loan Recovery Section supervising about RM1.9b NPLs and was involved in structuring loans and lecturing modules on debt collecting and legal documentation on securities for 13 years. His last appointment was with Hong Leong Bank Berhad in 2003/4 as Head of Remedial Management Department.
Agee Lee holds Honours Degree in Economics (major in Business Administration) from Universiti Malaya, Associate of Institute of Bankers (London), Diploma in Marketing Management (NPC) and Certificate in Financial Planning (MII).
He is now a Training Consultant for IBBM, MIA and Banks in Malaysia, Singapore and Vietnam. Currently he has been giving talks on practical topics that will boost skills and confidence of participants.
General (03 - 8082 3357)
Teo (011 - 3178 9203)
Logesh (012 - 503 0346)
Siti (012 - 383 8603)