All Service Tax registrants are required to pay service tax to Kastam ONLY when payment is received/collected from customers, making the cash flow management is extremely important to avoid unnecessary circumstance when payment of tax is due. Furthermore, any omission of information and/or incorrect SST-02 return can be classified as evading of tax which may be punishable with hefty penalty.
TAKE NOTE : Every registered person is still required to account for Service Tax even though your annual sales fall below threshold.
In addition, several service tax exemptions should be observed by business entities to minimize cost of running a business.
Tax on Digital Services will be implemented starting from 1 January 2020. This event also will address the effect of service tax on payments for digital services by Malaysian service recipients/consumers to foreign service providers under the Service Tax (Amendment) Act 2019 and also the available tax incentives for Digital Economy.
BONUS : Budget 2020 – any SST2.0 issues will be highlighted
• Get latest update on Service Tax mechanism & compliance
• Know-what is Service Tax Exemptions
• Immediately utilise any service tax exemption
• Practically implement/amend any non-compliance
• Encourage self-compliance and voluntary compliance
(C) TARGETED GROUP
• Business Owners and Company Directors
• CFOs, Financial Controllers and Finance Managers
• Accountants, Accounts Executives, Accounts Assistants
• Business Advisors, Auditors and Internal Audit Staff
• Freelance Accounting Professionals
• SST Managers / Executives
• Other functional staff engaged in Services Tax matters
• Entrepreneurs – who wish to understand the service tax mechanism, compliance & exemption
(D) DATE & VENUE
Date: 10 December 2019 (Tue)
Time: 9AM - 5PM
Venue: Hotel Jen Penang, George Town
Special Offer (before 25 Nov 2019) - RM 490
Normal Fee - RM 530
- Fee includes course Notes, Lunch, Refreshments/ Tea Breaks, Certificate of Attendance & 6% Government Service Tax
** DISCOUNT **
- SST2u Loyalty Card member - 10% discount
(F) COURSE CONTENTS
1. Budget 2020 – SST2.0 Highlights
2. Service Tax 2018 Mechanism
- A revision with latest updates
- Taxable Services
- Imported Taxable Services
- Cash flow management
3. Service Tax Exemption
- Exempted Taxable Person
- Exempted Taxable Services
- Exempted from payment
- Exemption between same service providers
- Intra Group exemption
- Minister Exemption
- Accounting for Service Tax
o Invoice / Official Receipt
o Credit Note / Debit Note
o Tax Codes vs GL
- SST-02 Return & Payment
o Required info to fill up the return form SST-02
o Supplement return (Amendment)
o SST-02A (Imported Taxable Service)
o Payment & Penalty
5. Service Tax Facilities
- Contra System
- Bad Debts
- Custom Ruling
6. Digital Services Tax
- What is Digital Service?
- Who are foreign service providers and Malaysian consumers?
- When to account for service tax?
- Registration and Invoicing
- Non-compliance risk
- Transitional Rules
Questions & Answers Session
(G) SPEAKER PROFILE
TUAN MOHD ROZLAN MOHAMED ALI
- Director, Indirect Tax, Malaysian Association of Tax Accountants (MATA)
Mohd Rozlan Mohamed Ali adalah Ahli Majlis Kerja Tertinggi Persatuan Akauntan Percukaian Malaysia (M.A.T.A.) serta Pengarah Unit Cukai Tidak Langsung M.A.T.A. Berkelulusan Sarjana Pentabiran Perniagaan (Kewangan)(MBA-Finance) dari Universiti Utara Malaysia.
Mohd Rozlan aktif mengendalikan seminar, khidmat nasihat serta praktikal perlaksanaan GST dan SST di seluruh negara untuk pelbagai jenis industri, syarikat dan perniagaan. Pengalaman kerja selama lebih 25 tahun dan kemahiran perakaunan memberi banyak kelebihan untuk mengatasi semua jenis masalah perlaksanaan SST2.0 – Cukai Jualan 2018 dan Cukai Perkhidmatan 2018.
(H) REGISTRATION & ENQUIRY
General (03 - 8082 3357)
Teo (011 - 3178 9203)
Logesh (012 - 503 0346)
Siti (012 - 383 8603)