[A] COURSE OBJECTIVES
• To have a general understanding of the importance of Accounting and Bookkeeping in the Financial Management side of Business
• To be knowledgeable of the proper way to record Financial Transactions in Journals and in the General Ledger
• To be able to prepare, analyze and adjust the 4 Financial Statements (Balance Sheet, Income Statement, Cash Flow Statement, and Statement of Changes in Equity)
• To learn how to Account for Cash, Inventory, Sales and Receivables
• Get an overview of the entire accounting system and understanding of how transactions are sorted, classified and categorized into meaningful financial information
• To understand and be able to utilize accounting information in their works and to improve effectiveness and efficiency
[B] WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
• This program is suitable for Accounts Clerks, Accounts Assistants, Accounts Supervisors, Office Administrators, Non-financial Executives and Secretaries
• Level for Executives and above
• Business Owners, Entrepreneurs
• Anyone who wants to Learn Accounting
• This training workshop will be conducted through interactive activities, group and individual exercises, case studies and discussions.
• Bring your own laptop and charger
• No previous academic qualification is needed. Students may begin their course after completing SPM or O-Level.
• Passable English is required.
[E] DATE, TIME & FEE
Date: 16 - 18 August 2022 (Tue - Thu)
Time: 9.00am - 5.00pm
Mode: Online/ Interactive
Fee: [HRDF CLAIMABLE]
>> *Fee inclusive of IAAP Certificate Examinations Others: Includes Course Notes, Exercises, Assignments, Certificates, Transcript & 6% Service Tax.
Fee excludes any Microcredential charges and processing charge by HRD Corp as may be announced prior to training.
** OFFER **
- 10% Cashback for SST2u Learner Card+ (SLC+) members. T&Cs applied.
[F] COURSE FEATURES
• Introduction of bookkeeping
• Accounting Policies and Concepts
• Tutorial - practical exercise
• Categorising Income and Expenditure
• Accounting for Property, Plant and Equipment
• Tutorial - practical exercise
• Accounting for Prepayments and Accrual
• Stock Valuation
• Accounting for Bad and Doubtful Debts
• Tutorial - Practical exercise & revision
Online assessment by one assignment
[G] SPEAKER PROFILE
DR YEE HUN LEEK
Certified HRDF Trainer BSc (Econ) Hons (London), MSc (UoG), PhD (Curtin) CA (M), FCCA (U.K), ACPA, CTP, CP (Consulting) AIMUK, PHF
Dr. Yee is an approved auditor and tax agent licensed by the Ministry of Finance; and a SSM Certified Trainer for MBRS. He has over 25 years of experience, including at KPMG Malaysia, in audit, tax, accounting, company secretarial and consultancy services. He has conducted GST / SST, auditing standards, accounting and tax related trainings for the Malaysian Institute of Accountants (MIA), the Malaysian Institute of Chartered Secretaries and Administrators (MAICSA), CCH / Wolters Kwuler (Malaysia), CPA Australia, universities and other training providers. Dr, Yee is a Technical Consultant of a leading Cloud Accounting Software Provider which incorporated the application of Robotic Process Automation (RPA), Machine Learning (ML) and Artificial Intelligence (AI) in finance. He is currently involved in a project with a software developer utilizing RPA, ML and AI for MBRS conversion.
Dr. Yee holds a Bachelor of Science in Economics, majoring in Management Studies from the University of London; a Master of Science in Accounting & Finance from the University of Gloucestershire (U.K.); and a PhD in Accounting & Finance from Curtin University, Australia. He is a fellow member of The Association of Chartered Certified Accountants (U.K.), an ASEAN Chartered Professional Accountant, a Chartered Accountant of the Malaysian Institute of Accountant, and an associate member of the Chartered Tax Institute of Malaysia.
[H] ABOUT IAAP
The International Association of Accounting Professionals (IAAP) has been established to provide internationally recognised qualification for accounting professionals and, through that recognition, to enhance their status in the financial and business communities. Holders of a current IAAP membership certificate can enjoy the benefits of this international recognition in their careers. The IAAP ‘Accounting Professional’ also enjoys the prestige and status that is conferred by this title. IAAP is a wholly owned subsidiary of the prestigious International Association of Bookkeepers which is headquartered in the UK. The International Association of Bookkeepers (IAB) has over 10,000 members across 60 countries, and is one of the most prestigious not-for-profit organisations for professional bookkeepers in the world. Regulated in England by Ofqual (the Office of Qualifications and Examinations Regulation - a non-ministerial government department that regulates qualifications, exams and tests), the IAB is both a government-approved and a statutory supervisory body. Setting world-class standards, IAAP and the IAB offer students worldwide the chance to gain the very best financial qualifications – as well as lifelong skills.
[I] ENQUIRY & REGISTRATION
- General (03 - 5888 7357)
- Teo (011 - 3178 9203)
- Logesh (012 - 503 0346)
- Siti (012 - 383 8603)
- Han (019 - 323 0507)