COURSE OBJECTIVES
• Meet future challenges in your workplace as a productive Accounts Staff
• Examine the accounting process - from transactions to financial information
• Realize the importance of cash flow & Recognize the method to track it
• Understand and apply the essential tools for effective accounting
• Able to prepare Final Accounts & methods of maintaining Record properly.
• Get ready for MBRS submission
Lecture / Exercises / Group Discussion
 METHOD OF ASSESSMENT
Assessment will be provided at the end of the course and submit online for review. Upon successfully passing the assessment, IAAP Certificate will be awarded
 WHO SHOULD ATTEND
• Accounts / Finance Executives or Clerks /Administration Executives or Clerks
• Payroll Executives or Clerks / Credit Executives / Sales and Marketing Executives / General Clerks / Corporate Planners and those who wish to obtain a good understanding on preparation of full set of accounts
 DATE, TIME & FEE
Date: 5 - 6 January 2022 (Wed - Thu)
Time: 9.00am - 5.00pm
Mode: Online/ Interactive
: [HRD Corp Claimable]
- Early Bird Offer (before 17 Dec 2021) - RM 1,290
- Special Offer (before 31 Dec 2022) - RM 1,340
- Normal Fee - RM 1,390
>> Fee includes Exercises, Assignments, IAAP Certificate Examination, IAAP Study Materials, Course Notes, Certificate of Completion & 6% Service Tax
** OFFER **
- 10% Cashback for SST2u Learner Card+ (SLC+) members. T&Cs applied.
 COURSE OUTLINE
 UNDERSTANDING THE PURPOSE OF ACCOUNTING
• Introduction to fundamentals of accounting and book keeping
• Accounting process, concepts and principles / qualitative characteristics of financial information / accounting information for decision making
 RECORDING AND ANALYSING BUSINESS TRANSACTIONS
• Understanding main books of accounting system for any type of business operations
• Rules of double entry system – Debit & Credit
• Managing source documents (invoices, debit / credit notes, payment vouchers, etc)
• Ensuring relevant supporting documents for accounting transactions
• Distinction between revenue and capital expenditure
• Books of original entries – Types of journals and cash book
• Ledger system – General ledgers, subsidiary ledgers-posting into ledgers
• Proper classification of expenses to avoid problems with tax Authorities
 UNDERSTANDING CASH BOOK
• Understanding layout of cash book/ Preparing bank reconciliation statements
• Posting cash book transactions into ledgers / Petty cash book compared with main cash book
 PREPARATION OF FINAL ACCOUNTS
• Balancing accounts and preparing trial balance to ensure accuracy of double entry system
• Detectable / Non detectable errors
• Statement of Comprehensive Income / The Statement of Financial Position / Non detectable error
• Final accounts with adjustments, the closures of books and transfer of balances to next financial year / Depreciation of fixed assets / amortization of intangible assets
• Dealing with bad / doubtful debts / provisions, etc
 MAINTAINING PROPER ACCOUNTING RECORDS UNDER SELF ASSESSMENT SYSTEM
• Understanding the guidelines (public rulings) issued by the tax authorities in respect of keeping sufficient records
• What constitutes sufficient records a business needs to keep?
• Areas of focus by tax authorities & the supporting documents need to be kept
• Consequences of failing to keep sufficient records
 MAINTAINING EFFECTIVE FILING SYSTEM
• How to organize proper filing system for accounting records?
• What accounts files need to be maintained?
• File coding / indexing procedures?
• Consequences of not keeping proper filing system
 MBRS FILING REQUIREMENT
• Who is required to file?
• Who is are exempted from filing?
• Types of Filing (MFRS, MPERS, Exempt Company)
• Types of Filing Exemptions
• Applicable financial periods
• Flowchart & Steps of Filing process
 STEP BY STEP DETAILED MBRS SUBMISSION GUIDE
• Creation of MBRS template
• How to fill MBRS template:
o Financial Statements
o Key Financial Indicators
• Validation and rectification of errors
• Generation of the XBRL file
• Filing submission of XBRL file to SSM Functions and Features in MBRS Hands on training session with sample screenshots
COURSE REVISION, ASSESSMENT & Q&AS
 SPEAKER PROFILE
C.A. (M), FCCA, MIAE
Tharmaseelan has vast experience in the field of Accounting, Taxation, Internal Control Systems and Finance for almost 15 year in an international accounting firm and local consultancy firms. His career spanned across wide working experience and exposure in Accounting, Taxation, implementing Internal Control Systems and Finance in consultancy firms, a leading hotel in Langkawi and in a leading hotel training college. He has also developed Business, Accountancy and IT Programs with various colleges, and these programs are validated by foreign universities and professional Bodies. He was attached to a medium size audit firm as a Senior Audit Assistant before he moved over to an established international tax company where he held the position as a Tax Senior. He then joined an established professional firm as the Tax Manager where he oversaw the computation, submission and resolving tax issues for clients. His tenure with an established Consultancy as a Senior Consultant gave him the opportunity to designed internal control systems & implemented it. He also advised his clients on compliance with accounting standards and tax regulations. His last position prior to going into practise was as the Associate Director of The Business School where he was responsible for restructuring the Busines School and identifying suitable courses and obtaining accreditation from various bodies and universities. He is currently in practice offering his expertise and knowledge to corporate and professional clients, locally and worldwide.
His specializations are in designing and setting up of Accounting, Taxation, Finance, Internal Control and Operational Systems as well as in performing Operational Audits. His well-esteemed clients include those in the hospitality, education, manufacturing and service-based industries. He has trained personnel from numerous private sector companies and the public sector, including MK Land Berhad, KULIM HI TECH Berhad, including, Majlis Bandaraya Shah Alam, Permodalan Nasional Berhad, Institut Jantung Negara, Tradewind Hotel Group, Bintulu Development Authority, Ritz Carlton Hotel, Putrajaya, IOI Resort, Majlis Perbadanan Sibu, Lembaga Urusan Tabung Haji, Tenaga Cable Industries, Yeo Hiap Seng, Kobe Precision, Eon Finance, International Islamic University, Petroliam Nasional Bhd, Progressive Insurance Bhd, Subang Jaya Medical Centre, The MINT Hotel, KLIA Pan Pacific Hotel, Bank Rakyat, Toshiba Electronics, UDA Holdings Bhd, Komag USA, Bank Industri & Teknologi (M) Bhd, PPB Group and TH Plantations to name a few. As a qualified Accountant, he is actively involved in conducting audit and financial courses. His experience brings him to faraway countries such as Vietnam, Brunei, Nepal, Uganda and Rwanda to train Accounting and Financial Professionals.
He is also a regular training facilitator for
1. Malaysian Institute of Accountants
2. Certified Public Accountants of Australia
3. Malaysian Institute of Management
 ABOUT IAAP
The International Association of Accounting Professionals (IAAP) has been established to provide internationally recognised qualification for accounting professionals and, through that recognition, to enhance their status in the financial and business communities. Holders of a current IAAP membership certificate can enjoy the benefits of this international recognition in their careers. The IAAP ‘Accounting Professional’ also enjoys the prestige and status that is conferred by this title. IAAP is a wholly owned subsidiary of the prestigious International Association of Bookkeepers which is headquartered in the UK. The International Association of Bookkeepers (IAB) has over 10,000 members across 60 countries, and is one of the most prestigious not-for-profit organisations for professional bookkeepers in the world. Regulated in England by Ofqual (the Office of Qualifications and Examinations Regulation - a non-ministerial government department that regulates qualifications, exams and tests), the IAB is both a government-approved and a statutory supervisory body. Setting world-class standards, IAAP and the IAB offer students worldwide the chance to gain the very best financial qualifications – as well as lifelong skills.
 ENQUIRY & REGISTRATION
Contact: Teo (011 - 3178 9203)
Logesh (012 - 503 0346)
Siti (012 - 383 8603)
Han (019 - 323 0507)