Accounting has always been recognized as a core function in any organization and to all stakeholders.
Understanding accounting and how to prepare an accurate set of accounts, can result in companies knowing their financial situations in a timely manner. This can help managers to make more informed and effective corporate decisions.
This 2-Day workshop will expose attendees to the basics of preparing accounts, income & cashflow statements and future trends such as Cloud Accounting and Big Data.
Most importantly, attendees will be thought how to make use of the accounting information for improving effectiveness and efficiency across the organization, as well as preparing them for future challenges in a connected economy.
(B) Course Objectives
• To provide participants with a basic and sound understanding of business accounting and their applications in the workplace.
• Get an overview of the entire accounting system and understanding of how transactions are sorted, classified and categorized into meaningful financial information.
• Learn how to prepare the final accounts – Balance Sheet and Income Statement.
• To understand and be able to utilize accounting information in their works and to improve effectiveness and efficiency.
• To enable participants to better interact with the accounts or finance department to enhance cooperation and to secure their support in achieving departmental objectives.
• This training workshop will be conducted through interactive activities, group and individual exercises, case studies and discussions.
• Bring your own laptop and charger
(D) Who Should Attend
• This program is suitable for Accounts Clerks, Accounts Assistants, Accounts Supervisors, Office Administrators, Non-financial Executives and Secretaries.
• Level for Executives and above
Date： 20 - 21 November 2019 (Wed)
Time： 9AM - 5PM
Venue： Pullman Kuala Lumpur, Bangsar
- Early Bird Offer (before 5 October 2019) - RM890
- Special Offer (before 13 November 2019) - RM990
- Normal Fee - RM1090
* Fee includes course Notes, Lunch, Refreshments/ Tea Breaks, * Certificate of Attendance & 6% Government Service Tax
(i) 10% discount for Group Registration of 3 pax or more
(ii) 10% overriding discount for SST2u Loyalty Card Members
(G) Course Contents
MODULE 1 : INTRODUCTION TO ACCOUNTING
• Understanding Accounting and Book Keeping
• The needs and uses of accounting
• Decision making and accounting
• Importance Of Accounting To Business
• Users And Uses Of Accounting Data
• Principles, Assumptions And Convention
• Accounting Equation
MODULE 2: GENERAL RULES OF ACCOUNTING
• Receipt And Payment
• Revenue And Expenses
• Rules Of Double Entry
• Fixed Assets And Current Assets
• Work In Progress
• Current Liabilities
MODULE 3: ACCOUNTING BASICS
• An overview of the accounting system
• The Accounting Equation – Debit & Credit
• Accounting documentation and records keeping
• Accounts, classification and recording
• System of check and balances
MODULE 4: RECORDING PROCESS
• Steps In Recording
• Chart Of Journal
• How To Extract A Trial Balance
MODULE 5: ADJUSTING THE ACCOUNT
• Adjusting For Prepayment And Accrual
• Provision Of Bad Debt And Bad Debt
• Journalizing And Posting The Adjustment
MODULE 6 : COMPLETE THE ACCOUNTING CYCLE
• Closing The Book
• Presentation Of Data
MODULE 7: DRAWING UP THE FINAL ACCOUNTS AND FINANCIAL STATEMENTS
• Income Statement
• Balance Sheet
• Cash flow statement
MODULE 8 : PREPARING THE INCOME STATEMENT
• Cost of goods sold
• Gross Profit
• Net profit
MODULE 9 : PREPARING THE BALANCE SHEET
• The Accounting Equation
• Double-Entry Accounting
• Types of Assets
• Types of Liabilities
MODULE 10: ACCOUNTING FOR FIXED ASSETS
• Method Of Depreciation
• Depreciation Computation
• Accounting Entries For Depreciation Charges
• Revaluation Of Assets
• Disposal Of Assets
MODULE 11: PREPARING OF CASH FLOW STATEMENT
• Advantages Of Cash Flow Statement
• Definition Of Term
• Direct Methods Vs. Indirect Methods
• Operating, investing and finance activities
HRDF APPROVED SPEAKER, HR CONSULTANT
Wendy Tee Leap Sing has over fifteen years of experience in senior management and human resources positions for diversified industrial and business environments. Graduated with a Master of Business Administration (UM), Master of Information Technology (UM), Certified Financial Planner (CFP), Certified Business coach (UM) , Registered Financial Planner (RFP), Certified Trainer (PSMB) and Certified Advance Human Resource Practitioner (MIHRM), she has undergone intensive academic training in various human development and knowledge improvement. Wendy is a member of the Malaysia Financial Planning Council (MFPC) as well as a Security Commission licensed financial planner with VKA Wealth Planners. Wendy is actively involved in management consultancy, management training and research. Her latest responsibility involves the business coaching, financial training, management consultancy, management and financial and investment lecturing of Degree programs for Tunku Abdul Rahman University College. She has experience managing training programs cover from local universities, in house training and public seminar training, from designing training needs assessment, developing training materials, monitoring and tracking of training programs successfulness and implementing training evaluation. Having been trained as a qualified trainer, her skill and knowledge has been enhanced in operations effectives, fitness analysis, gap analysis and needs assessments. For the past ten years she has been involved in lecturing and training in Financial Accounting and Reporting Skills, Personal Financial Planning, Corporate Financial Management, Practical Budgeting & Cost Reduction Technique, Mastering Company Accounts for Financial Statement Analysis, Balance Scorecard linked with Performance Management, Training Need and Analysis, Payroll Administration Techniques and Setting Departmental Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) and Understanding Malaysia Employment act 1955 ( Act 265), EPF act 1991 and Socso Act 1967.
Wendy is also a Human Resource consultant and certified trainer now appointed from Pembangunan Sumber Manusia Berhad (PSMB), National Human Resources Centre (NHRC) and Malaysian Institute of Human Resource Management (MIHRM), providing comprehensive and independent Human Resource advisory to clients. In addition to consulting with and servicing clients, she is responsible for HR training, coaching & advisory for the company. In the area of Human Resource Management, Wendy focuses on Strategic Talent Management, Training and Development Management, Performance Management, Payroll Management and Setting Departmental & Inter Departmental Key performance Indicators (KPIs). Wendy is now pursuing her Doctor of Business Administration (DBA) from Universiti Utara Malaysia (UUM).
Wendy completed and passed her GST exams organized by Chartered Tax Institute of Malaysia (CTIM) with the cooperation and support from of the Royal Malaysian Customs Department (RMC). She is currently advising more than 70 SME companies in Malaysia for getting ready on the implementation of GST, mainly dealing with the tax authorities over various GST issues, elements and scope of GST, cycle and operations, rulings, registration, administration, audit and investigations on behalf of her clients.
General (03 - 8082 3357)
Teo (011 - 3178 9203)
Logesh (012 - 503 0346)
Siti (012 - 383 8603)
Han (019 - 323 0507)