In an increasingly tax enforcement nowadays, proper tax risk management is critical to prevent unnecessary tax penalty due to non compliance of Income Tax Acts 1967. Withholding tax is an area that companies often overlook but it cannot be ignored because of payment to non-residents for their services or use of their properties are becoming more common.
The objective of the course is to create awareness of the applicability of withholding tax to minimise tax penalty.
(II) SCOPE / COURSE OUTLINE
• Who is a non-resident?
• Scope of withholding tax – interest, royalty, contract payment, rent of moveable properties, technical or service fees, fee paid to public
entertainer, and other gains/profit falling under s4(f)
• DTA relief / Exemption available
• Consequence of failure to deduct and remit withholding tax
• Avenue for payer to appeal under S109H
• Recent withholding tax development, including withholding tax in digital economy
• Tips on withholding tax risk management
• Sharing of practical experience
(III) SEMINAR DETAIL
DATE: 25 OCTOBER 2019 (Fri)
TIME: 9.00AM - 5.00PM
VENUE: The Light Hotel, Prai
- Early Bird (before 23 September 2019) - RM 450
- Special Offer (before 13 October 2019) - RM 490
- Normal Fee - RM 530
- Fee includes Course Notes, Lunch, Refreshments/ Tea Breaks, Certificate of Attendance & 6% Government Service Tax
(i) SST2u Loyalty Card Member - 10%
(ii) Group Registration of min 3 pax - 10%
Understand the scope of withholding tax and its applicability to ensure it is properly accounted for to minimise tax risk.
(V) WHO SHOULD ATTEND
• Finance Manager
• Tax practitioners
(VI) WONG CHEE LOONG
Wong Chee Loong, is a Chartered Accountant, member of the Malaysian Institute of Accountants (MIA), member of Institute of Chartered Accountants of Singapore, and a fellow member of the CPA Australia, member of Chartered Tax Institute of Malaysia, Approved Auditor and Income Tax Agent.
He has extensive audit and tax experiences in Malaysia. During his work experiences in Big Four Audit firm, he was involved in audit and tax assignments comprising clients ranging from private companies to large companies engaging in various industries, like construction, property development, manufacturing and trading. In addition, he had commercial work experience as a financial controller in a MNC manufacturing and group financial controller in a construction companies before starting his own audit, tax and advisory practice in Johor Bahru. Given his experience in both Big Four Audit firm and commercial environment, he offers practical tax and business solution to his clients.
(VII) REGISTRATION AND ENQUIRY
General (03 - 8082 3357)
Teo (011 - 3178 9203)
Logesh (012 - 503 0346)
Siti (012 - 383 8603)
Han (019 - 323 0507)